Chapter 22 - Rain

My eyes were closed as I was sitting in the classroom and listening to Haru-chan play the piano. I don't know if I should or not, but I feel very proud of her. Maybe it's becuase I have helped her in the past with the notes or beacuse we have been good friends for a while now.

I open my eyes slowly and look to the front of the class to see Tomo-chan and Otoya-kun with big smiles on their faces and giving me thumbs up. I give them a smile with a wink and continue listening to Haru-chan play. As she finished her song, Oji-sensei clapped her hands together, smiling.

"That was wonderful, Haru-chan! Now there's the talet of the girl who had the highest score in this month's songwriting test." Haru-chan stand up and bows.

"With every song your progress is showing." I'm happy for her and that she managed to overcome her fear.

Glancing through the window, I see that rain is still falling. I like it when it rains. Unconsciously, I raise my hand to my headphones but stop when I don't feel them around my neck. Ah, that's right. I took them off because I can't remember anything from my life in the other world any more. All I now is that I'm not from this world and the fact that I remember that a boy, in that other world, broke my heart, and I don't even remember his name, and because of him I still have a problem with Ren. Did he hurt me that much that I remember it happening but not by whom?

As I heared the bell, I sighed and returned my attention back to Oji-sensei.

"Well, that's it for today. I'll have your assignments ready for next week, so make sure to get a lot of practise in, okay?"

"Hai." we all answer and as Oji-sensei starts to leave the class, I start to pack my bag. Once done, I walk over to Tomo-chan and everyone else.

"Y/N-chan, do you want to join us?" Tomo-chan asks. I raise my eyebrow in question at her.

"Huh?"

"Some of us were planing to go to the lunch hall or the movies, wanna join?" I smile apologetically while rubbing the back of my head.

"Ano.... gomen'nasai(I'm sorry) but I have some things to do today...." she just waved her hand, smiling at me.

"Don't worry about it. Some other time then?"

"Yeah, of course!" I say with a nod and a smile as I leave the classroom.

Every time I think about where I came from, I start feeling so distressed and gloomy. School is over for today, which makes me at least a little bit happy. I have the rest of this rainy day to myself.

On my way to my dorm room, I pass by the piano room. Instead of going to my dorm room to change first, I just walk into the piano room and close the door behind me with another sigh escaping my lips. Walking over to the piano I take a seat and stare at the keys. As I put my hands on them, I hear a meow and quickly look to the door to see Kohaku sitting there.

"I'm serious, you have to tell me how you keep finding me." I say as I stand up, taking my bag. He just meows and walks out of the door. Please, don't tell that I have to follow him again to God-knows-where. I quickly follow him.

He leads me all the way to the top floor of Saotome Academy. Going around many more corridors, he stops at the door at the end of the hall. The door itself doesn't look too old but it doesn't quite fit with the look of the Acadamy. Maybe they just forgot to renovate it before the opening of the Academy. Glancing at Kohaku, I see him staring at me.

"You want me to open it, don't you?" he just meows and I sigh. Looking back at the door, I make up my mind and go for it.

Slowly opening the door, I'm suprised to find out that it's unlocked. I was kind of hoping it was locked. Opening it fully, I take a step inside to find that it's a piano room.