Chapter 23 - Downgraded

Night has fallen and the rain is still falling. Otoya-kun, Masato, Natsuki, Syo and I are sitting at the table and talking, while Haru-chan and Tomo-chan went to make more tea.

No way! Syo just told us that Ichinose was downgraded from S class to our's, A class. I'm not saying our class is bad or anything but it's a fact that S class is better. Apparently, when Ichinose sings he sings without heart. Meaning, he doesn't put emotions into his song. I guess I can understand that but still....

"Tokiya...." I turn my head looking at Otoya-kun.

"Even dough he always makes a huge effort.... I-" I glance at his fist and see that it's clenched. In an attempt to calm him down a little, I put my hand on his shoulder. He lets out a small sigh.

"I.... don't know what to say to him." so that means that I was right. Ichinose is Hayato and he looked fake when he was performing that day. I looked at Otoya-kun with a frown. He cares deeply about his friends and the fact he shares his dorm room with Ichinose gives him a reasom to worry even more.

"We can help him somehow, right?" I asked.

"Learning with theory alone.... is difficult." Natsuki said and I sighed. Guess not.

"So he'll be moved from S class to normal class, huh?" Tomo-chan asked looking at us and I give her a nod.

"Gotta be tough...." she continues.

"Yeah...."

After some time of us talking it out we said our goodnights and everyone headed to their dorm rooms.

With a sigh, I sit down on my bed after getting dressed in my pyjamas: a loose black tank top with a wolf and a moon with white tartan bottoms. My head is starting to hurt after everything that happed today. Lying down sideways onto my bed with my feet dangling from the side, I feel a weight on my stomach and I raise my head to see Kohaku.

"You left me there, you.... you.... you, I don't even know what to call you!" I let out a puff od air as I finish. So much for that. He jumpes off my stomach and starts cuddling my neck.

"I can't believe that I can't stay mad at you...." I say as I start to pat him and he meows at me, licking my cheek. Suddenly he raises his head and jumps to the window sill. I sit up slowly and yawn. He's sitting on the window sill and wagging his tail lightly.

"What do you want now?" I say as I stand up and walk over to the window. Looking outside, I see Haru-chan run out and into the rain with an umbrella. I raise and eyebrow looking at her retreating form. What in the world is she doing? I shrug, she knows what she's doing, whatever it is. Going back to my bed I lie down and close my eyes. Finally, I can go to sleep.

No, I can't. Why? Because I feel someone watching me. Opening my eyes slowly, I glare at Kohaku for not letting me sleep.

"Go to sleep already, will you." I say and turn my back to him. Closing my eyes again, I instantly open them. Ah! I growl under ny breath and sit up. Damn me, my curiosity and worry! I get out of bed and pull on a black sweatshirt. Turning around to pull on my boots, I see Kohaku smirking at me with that cat smirk of his. He knew that I would give in!

"You know what they say, Kohaku, curiosity killed the cat." I say, implying that whatever I do will have consequences for him as well, good or bad. He gives me a cat glare and I smirk, taking my umbrella and patting his head.

I leave my dormroom and go downstairs. As soon as I take a step outside, I immediately open my umbrella. I might as well try to find her. And with that thought I start my search for Haru-chan.

Okay I give up! I sreached everywhere that came to my mind and I can't find her. I stop by a tree and clear my head. Okay, I obviously, did search somewhere. Where haven't I been? As I'm wracking my brain, I hear someone singing. It's very faint but I can make out from which direction it's coming from. I start walking quickly but the singing stops. My eyes widen in alarm. No, wait! I'm now running in the direction I heared it from, in hopes that the person singing is still there. I know for a fact that, that where is someone singing that there's a high chance of Haru-chan beeing there.

I see a clearing in front of me and I slow down as I see two people there. Coming closer I see that it's Haru-chan and Ichinose. Thank God, I found her. I stopped behind a tree that's a way back from them but close enough so that I can hear them.

"It okay! I'm sure you'll be able to sing! I too-" Ichinose cut her off.

"That's enough.... I can't take any more of you talking like you understand me. You and I are different, see?" I see him walking towards her and then pass her without giving her a second glance.

"Excuse me...." and just like that he continues walking and Haru-chan stays still. She turns around looking at his back shocked. A sigh escapes my lips as I watch him walk away. Of course he would do something like that.

I step out from behind the tree before he gets close enough to see me. As I see that he going to pass right by me, I stop him by gently takinh hold of his upper arm. He stops and looks down on me with a stoic face. I hate beeing short.

"She's only worried about you, Ichinose." I say as I let go of his arm. He stares at me and then looks away.

"She has no reason to be." is his answer and as he starts to walk again, I call out.

"She has! She really does care about you, Ichinose! Hayato helped her many times...." the last part I murmured, so I don't know if he heard me but he stopped for a second and turned around. He studied me for a moment before looking at the ground and turning around, continuing to walk away. Looking back to wear Haru-chan was, I see her looking over the pond and I let out a small sigh. It's for the best if I leave her be.

Now, I'm totally done for. I'm barely staying awake. I start making my way back to the academy, dragging my feet. Finally in my dorm room, I take off my boots and sweatshirt, leaving everything on the floor and fall onto my bed, falling asleep instantly.

The next day, Ichinose came to school as if nothing has happened. I was next to Masato at the piano and listening to him play, here and there throwing in a key I saw fit and he let me without saying a word when Ichinose walked in. I saw him walk in but didn't do or say anything about it but the others started whispering. He was now in our class. Not only do we have to get used to it but so does he.

~•~•~•~

"So then, see, if you pour cream stew onto yakisoba, it's super-delicious!" we were on another recording session and Tomo-chan was arguing with Otoya-kun. He shouts and then sighs.

"Aldough, I was into udon noodles covered in beef stew for a while...."

"Huh, udon noodles covered in beef stew!?" I slapped his arm light and sat back into my seat besides him, putting a hand under my chin to look like I'm thinking.

"If you really do that, I worry about you...." I 'shudder' in disgust.

"That's just disgusting!"

"Nani?!" he shoutes and Tomo-chan laughs.

"See, she has good taste!" she says and we high five. All the while laughing everywhere. With the corner of my eye, I see Ichinose standing, alone, to the side.

"Listen to me too." he murmur to me and I shake my head at him.

"I don't wanna listen." I say mocking his voice.

~•~•~•~

Everyone started gossiping about him and the fact that the got dropped form the S class. It must be hard for him, even dough he actes like he doesn't hear them.

Here I am now, in the classroom listening to Oji-sensei talking about this summer camp. The same summer camp I have been hearing about since I was younger. At least h-she seems excited as well as everyone else, for that matter.

"But.... Don't get carried away, because when you get back, it'll be the time of judgment. It will be the time to decide the final parings for your graduation auditions." that's right the headmaster told me that I can be picked for any of the two roles. A sigh escaped my lips. Why do I have this feeling like he isn't telling me everything.

"Everyone, choose your partners carefully. And remember, falling in love is forbidden! Everyone got that?"

"Hai." we answer and I can't help the smirk that's coming to my lips. I can't wait to see how this plays out between Haru-chan and the boys. I'm so evil sometime.... but I can't help myself!