Chapter 29 - Audition Forms

If I could physically smirk bigger, I would. Granted, I would get the nickname Cheshire Cat but that doesn't matter. Why? Well it's because Ichinose is singing and when I say singing I mean singing. He's singing with his heart and it sounds beautiful. I've completely turned around in my seat, just so I can hear him better.

I didn't miss the small looks that were sent Haru-chan's way. Which made me what to smirk bigger but my cheeks were starting to hurt. This Ichinose and the Ichinose, or Hayato, at the concert back then, are totally different people. His songs sound like his and not like those of a complet stranger.

I glance at Haru-chan and see her with the biggest smile ever. I can't blame her, if I should've stumbled up such a boy, that needed help and was able to help him, I couldn't been feeling more pround myself. I also didn't miss the small tears that were at the corner of her eyes. It's unbelievable how much I want them to end up together.

~•~•~•~

Everyone's making progress in finding their partners but I don't have a clue about what I'm going to do with Ren. I sigh as I'm walking up the stairs to my dorm room.

"Hello there, my lady." I look up to see Ren, holding a bouquet of flowers and giving me that flirtatious smile of his.

"Ren, what are you doing here?" I walk up the last couple of stairs so that we can be on the same level. Even tough he's taller then me.

"I have been looking for you." I raise an eyebrow at him. I don't have a good feeling about this. And I still have to talk to him about what happened at the island.

"You see, I turned in my form." he takes my hand and puts the bouquet of flowers into it. Suddely he draws closer and I feel my cheeks start to heat up.

"Of course, I wrote down your name." he whispers into my ear and my eyes widen. I look to the side to try to cool down a bit.

"What's this? Is my dear lady still a little lost sheep?" I give him a glare. What's he up to?

"There is nothing to be in doubt about." he moves his hand, which I follow with my eyes, and starts to play with my hair. I can feel the blush slowly starting to raise again.

"I can definitely make you happy." he takes a step closer and I instinctively lean away from him. He's too close! I take a step back and he takes a step towards me. I start to moving backwards and he followes me, each step I take.

"With a magnificent, passionate song." I hit the wall behind me and my eyes widen a bit. In the same second, I made contact with the wall, he put his hand on it. I glance at his hand next to my head. I know I'm not trapped but I feel like I am.

"You wouldn't regret it." I turn my attention back to him. He opens his eyes and I'm shocked by the emotions I see in them.

"I need you." he continues and I can't seem to find my voice.

"That one day, you healed me and looked for the lyrics I ripped up and threw away," I glance to the side. I would't use the word heal, I mean I just disinfected his bruse, but I remember the day very well.

"You awoke the feelings towards music that were locked inside my heart." I blink. I finally find my voice and speak,

"T-that's nice and I-I'm flatte-" I start looking to the side but am cut off,

"Arigato." I look back at him.

"I want to look for what's beyond that, together with you." and there goes my voice again.

"And so..." he starts to lean in and I close my eyes in reflex.

I hear a soft chuckle and steps moving away from me. I slowly open my eyes to see Ren standing upright and let out a small sigh.