Chapter 25 - A Dream

I wake up and suddenly sit upright, holding my head. Ow.... I sat up too quickly. Looking around I see that I'm in my cottage and looking outside I see that night has already fallen. As I try to move, I hear a crunching sound. I look down and see that I'm in the cloths that I was wearing today and that that sound was made by my journal. I must have fallen asleep. Just like that everything that happed today flashes in my mind. Deciding that I probably won't be able to fall asleep again, I slowly stand up.

Turning around to pick up my journal, I stop as I see that I haven't written anything I can use in it. With an annoyed sigh escaping my lips, I pick it up and walk out onto the balcony to get some fresh air. Putting it down, on the small table, I lean on the railing. I can't stop worrying about the possibility of not beeing able to do everything that the headmaster has assigned to me. While others only have to write one song, I have to write one and help another with the melody.

"How am I suppose to do this..!?" I murmur to myself as I rub my face. Hearing a meow I glance to my right to see Kohaku. My eyes widen in shock and then I smirk a little at him.

"With whom did you catch a ride, eh?" I ask him and chuckle. He meows and jumps onto the railing, walking over to me. I smile and start to pat him.

"You know.... you've helped me a lot since I got here and.... I think I can call this place my home without regrets." I say looking at him. He really is one amazing cat.

"I just wish you could give me some advice as to how am I supposed to do this." looking out to the sea, I let out a sigh. As I move my hand away from him, I feel like something is tugging on my top. Looking down, I see that he has closed his teeth on my top and is pulling me.

"Alright, alright, I'll follow you! Now, let go Kohaku." he lets go and jumps off the railing. With a sigh, I follow him. He runs into the woods and I continue running after him.

~•~•~•~

I came to a stop as I saw ruins of a small settlement. Wow.... I slowly walk into the settlement, looking around. This looks so awesome and beautiful. I wonder who lived here?

I stop as I come to an opening in the settlement. Maybe this is something like a square? My eyes start to follow small balls of a orangish light and I start to hear very quiet music. They lead me to a wall that has drawn on it a besutiful picture of some kind of a civilization. I run my hand slowly across the surface.

"Long ago a clan washed ashore on this land." quickly turning around, I see a guy standing a little away from me. My eyes widen a bit as I take a step back, out of shock.
"They were guided by a muse. The guardian deity that watches over them...." he says as he starts to walk towards me. He comes to stand by me, looking at the wall, he continues,

"They trived but got divided as a part of the clan started to play their music differently." looking at him sideways, I see great passion in his eyes. It's like something's telling me to trust this guy. Turning my attention back to the wall, I continue listening to him.

"Guided by the muse they took great pride in their music. Their tradition states that they sang songs about love, while the other part of the clan started to sing songs about life and its difficulties, not just love. The elders, of the time, thought that they would bring hardship to the whole clan if they continued. So they decided to cast them away to live on the other side of the island. Despite what the elders said, both, now separated clans, continued to thrive." as he finished, I was speachless and able to look away from the wall.

"That's amazing...." I'm able to stop staring and turn my attention to the guy to see him looking at me with a gentle smile. Just then I notice how handsome he is, with his midnight black hair and amber eyes.