04|You're Mine

"What are you doing here?" I demand as Ricky sits down on the couch across from me where I sit on the other matching white couch, arms crossed.

"I came to talk to you about what happened before graduation. Its been eating me up forever, Ava." Ricky says and I go to respond but am cut off by crunching.

Both Ricky and I glance towards Skylar who sits at the bar in the kitchen with a bowl of popcorn in front of her, watching intently.

"Really?" I glare and she pauses mid chew.

"Sorry, continue." She says and I sigh, turning back to Ricky.

"Nothing happened." I state and he sighs.

"Avalon, I get that I hurt you. I betrayed you after telling you I loved you-"

I cut him off.

"Ricky, this was two years ago, okay? Its in the past. Besides, we were nothing. We never would've been anything if we had continued the shit we were doing." I say flatly.

Skylar makes a noise. "Oh shit! She burned you bad, baby." She comments and I shoot her a look.

"Shutting up." She states and I turn back to Ricky once again to see his light brown eyes filled with hurt.

"Avalon, I still love you. I was just drunk that night. I didn't mean anything. She didn't mean anything." He tells me and I give a bitter smile.

"Actions speak louder than words, Mr. Harte." I state and he swallows, looking down at his clasped hands.

"I promise you, I didn't mean for that shit to happen. I love you. Only you. I was stupid. I shouldn't have said or done the things that I did that night. I promise you though, it'll never happen again. Just let me make it up for you." He begs.

I sigh.

"Ricky, why the hell are you in Cali?" I ask in irritation.

Ricky once again looks down.

"I'm going through business college classes. I'm taking over my father's company. I'm the heir, remember?" He says.

"So LA, California is where you come to?" I ask and he nods.

"Yes. I didn't know you were here until Gabe mentioned something about it." He responds.

I raise an eyebrow. "How did you find out where I live?" I ask.

Ricky chuckles lightly.

"I am Gisele and Clark Harte's son. I have my connections." He states and I shake my head, standing.

"Please go." I say and he looks at me for a moment.

"You really don't believe me, do you?" He asks softly and I look at him dead straight in the eyes.

"What's there to believe, Ricky?" I state.

"Let's just go our separate ways. That's how it was supposed to be. Always. We aren't meant to be. We never will be meant to be."

"Damn," Skylar murmurs and Ricky looks to her for a moment before his gaze came back to me.

"I'm not done fighting for you. You are mine, Avalon Tate. You've been mine since the day you stomped my foot on the playground for stealing one of your M&M's." He declares and I open the door, making a sweeping gesture.

"Out." I snap and with one last look at me, Ricky walks out.

"Girl, I'm just saying, if your looking for the definition of caveman, he's it. He was looking at you like he was the lion and you were the prey." Skylar states and I sigh.