Chapter Sixteen- Everything is Ok

Scott's POV

As I held Isaac in my arms I felt like I was holding him together. The poor boy was falling apart at the seams. He had long fallen asleep and was now slightly snoring. He looked so peaceful now, nothing like he had a while ago. There was defiantly something wrong in his poor mind and it was killing him. Slowly. Very slowly. From the inside out he was falling apart. Piece by piece.

It was agonizing having to watch but that's all I was resorted to now. He wouldn't let me in, at least not all the way. Today was a big step in the right direction though. He had finally told me what he was feeling, and it was heart wrenching. At least he was safe now.

I heard my mom come in and go to her own bedroom a while latter. I couldn't sleep but didn't want to risk moving and waking Isaac up. He looked so comfortable that I don't think I could have ever brought my self to move.

All of a sudden my eyes refused to stay all the way open and sleep was starting to wash over me. Then when my eyes no longer responded to my commands, I let the darkness pull me into its grasp.

---

It was morning and the birds were chirping when I finally woke. Isaac was still curled up beside me, sound asleep. I lay in bed thinking. Just thinking until I felt the other boy stir at my side.

He let out a tired moan and rapidly blinked his eyes to let them adjust to the lights. "Good morning," he said quietly.

I bent down and kissed the tip of his nose before saying, "Good morning to you too."

He smiled contently and whispered, "I didn't have any nightmares last night."

I nodded my head and said, "I think you feel safe while you sleep with someone else."

"Only feel safe with you," he mumbled into my chest.

"Let's get up. Moms off today, maybe we can do something together. Or go out or something. I'm tired of staring at the same four walls all day." Isaac frowned at my accusation and I quickly added that I didn't mind staying home either.

He slowly replied, "We can go somewhere. Just not with other people." Then he quickly and quietly added, "please." I thoughtfully nodded and tried to think of something.

---

The day had been awesome. We went to a little restaurant and then to the book store. That night I got to hold him and as we drifted off to sleep and I knew everything was going to be ok.

The End