Chapter Eight- It Will Be Ok

Scott's POV

As the kiss ended I could still taste him on my lips. I slowly opened my eyes and his face came into view. He wore a shocked expression but looked thoroughly pleased.

"Wow," he whispered.

"You can say that again," I replied.

"Wow," he responded yet again.

I laughed and watched his face go from astonished to elated. I had missed the smile that was currently plastered on his lips for quite some time now.

Just then I heard the door click and the doctor come in. "Am I interrupting something?" he asked, seeing the smiles on our faces and our hands in one another's.

"Nothing at all," I responded back politely still holding Isaac's hand.

"Well, Isaac, I'm here to check your vitals and fluids, so if you don't mind stepping to the side for a minute Mr. McCall, I can get it done even faster."

I nodded my head, "Of course." I moved to the side of the room and let the doctor examine Isaac.

"Give it another two or three days Mr. Lahey, and I think you should be able to go home." The doctor said when he was finished checking him over. "You look to be healing just fine. I've done all I need to for right now but I'll be back later." After that he promptly left and I returned to my chair.

"So, how are you feeling?"

"Fine," he muttered in a low voice.

I sighed and asked, "How are you really doing?"

He looked away and answered, "I don't know. Everything hurts and... I just don't know anymore."

I sighed. "Isaac," I drew out his name as it fell from my lips. He slowly looked up and once his eyes meet mine I was lost in them.

I could see all of the pain and suffering, but I could also see hope that lay inside them. The hope he had for us. I lifted my hand to his cheek and swiped my thumb across it. I hated to see the dark bruises that marred his smooth skin.

"It'll all be ok," I whispered.