Chapter Nine- Stay Awhile

Isaac's POV

"Where am I going to stay when I get out of the hospital? I can't go back home and I can't stay by myself!" I asked worriedly.

"Shh, baby you can stay with me and my mom. She won't care," Scott said from beside me.

I would be discharged by the doctor in only thirty minutes and I had no clue what I would do after that. Scott had to help me into my clothes and I thought I would die from embarrassment. Although I still had my boxers on, I felt naked under his gaze. My body was stiff and my back hurt from laying down so long. To make things worse I had to ride in a wheelchair to the front.

Just as Scott said, his mother was there with her van ready to take us home. After both Scott and I got situated, I thanked Ms. McCall for the ride and the place to stay.

"Oh don't worry about it honey. Call me Melissa, as well." She replied back. She had such a motherly warmth about her that I never got to have growing up.

Once we got to the McCall house I asked Melissa about the sleeping arrangements were. "Don't worry, we have a guest room next to Scott's that I cleaned out for you earlier. There's a bathroom straight across the hall, too."

When we got inside Scott helped me up the stairs and showed me to my room. It was a nice sized room that had a window, a desk, and a queen sized bed. The closet was small but I didn't need much room anyway. As I sat on the bed Scott went back down to the car to get the rest of my stuff. That's when I started to really look around the place. The walls were a warm honey color and the carpet was a light brown. The desk's light cherry wood matched the wood on the bed frame. The blue and white pattern on the bed spread was so intricate my eyes nearly got lost in it.

I heard Scott coming up the stairs and brought my attention back to him. He came in with my bag in his hand and set it down beside the bed. As he sat down on the bed beside me he asked, "How are you feeling?"

"A lot better now that I don't have to lay in that uncomfortable bed," I responded.

"Well that's good," he said with an easy smile.

"Scott..." I started with a weak voice, "will you do that thing again?"

He looked puzzled for a moment before asking, "What thing?"

I gave a sigh, it was now or never. I closed my eyes and said in a whisper, "Kiss me again, Scott."

With my eyes still closed I felt his soft lips against mine. It was wonderful and I dared not move. As the kiss deepened it went from a simple swipe of the lips to Scott's tongue swiping across my lower lip. I slowly opened my mouth a little and accepted the invitation. As I felt his tongue explore the cavern of my mouth I brought my hands up the the back of his neck and pulled the spiky hair there as I moaned into his mouth. This was only the second kiss I had ever had and senses felt like they were going on over ride.

I heard a knock on the door and pushed away from Scott quickly. I was met with the sight of his mom standing in his doorway, a knowing smirk on her lips. Once she had both of our attentions, she told us that dinner was ready and to come down when we were ready. After we hear her footsteps going back down the stairs we looked at each other and both bursted out laughing. I knew I would love it here and I really hoped I could stay for a while.