Chapter Seven- Making the Best of Things

Isaac's POV

I have always hated police. Always got jumpy and nervous around them. I never knew why but that's just how it always was. I also hated talking about my dad. And to top it off, Scott wasn't there.

I gave the police what they wanted and told them about the abuse. I tried to keep it short and simple, only giving them enough to make them go away, but instead it all just came out.

As I felt the tears streaming down my face I was even more despaired that no one was here to comfort me. They were very thorough and to the point with the questions seeing how worked up about it I was.

Some time later they left and I was alone. Apparently Scott had gone home with his mom for a while, but would be back soon I was told. I never really liked being alone, I always felt like there was to much available space and to much opportunity for something to go wrong.

Just then I heard the door creak and saw Scott step in. I let out a relived sigh that I didn't know I was holding in and finally relaxed. "How are you doing?" Scott asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders and looked away from his prying eyes. I really didn't know how I was doing. Scott sighed and took the seat next to hospital bed. He took my hand in his and looked me straight in the eyes. I quickly looked down at our joined hands and relinquished in how good his hand felt against mine. I loved the way this fingers wrapped around my slender, boney ones.

"Isaac?" He whispered my name. I watched his thumb run over the top of my fingers and took comfort in the small gesture. I always wondered what my relationship with Scott was. Sometimes he acted as if we were merely friends, but other times he acted as if we were so much more. This would be one of those other moments.

"What are we Scott?" I asked in a weary voice. I was so tired of being confused by so many things.

"What do you want us to be Isaac?" he asked me back. I let out a frustrated sigh and looked at Scott again.

"More that this," I said in a small voice.

"How much more?" He asked back.

"A lot more." I said so quietly that he could barely tell I had said anything at all.

He moved his other hand to my cheek and swiped his thumb across in. What I saw in his eyes confirmed that he felt the same way. But to what existent, I wondered. How long would he want me for? How long would it be before he would see that I was no good for him?

I was taken out of my thoughts when Scott leaned closer to me. He closed his eyes and kept coming closer. I knew what was coming but still when I felt him brush his lips against mine I could not be more shocked. It took a minute for me to respond but once I did our lips moved in tandem, gliding over each other in perfect harmony. Although the kiss only lasted a few seconds it felt like it had went on for eternity. As I slowly opened my eyes, that I didn't noticed I had shut, I was met with the sight of Scott's face. The familiar sight still sent chills down my back. I didn't know how long it would last but for now, I would at least make the best of it.