Chapter Four- Just Hold Me

Scott's POV

I ran as fast as I could to get a nurse. Once I found the one who had been taking care of Isaac that week, I told her he was awake and she rushed back to the room with me.

When we got to the room she immediately paged for a doctor and started to check his vitals. She said to wait till the doctor got there before we did anything.

Once she left I grabbed his hand and he held mine back as if it was the only thing holding him down to earth. "It will all be ok." I whispered to him. All he did was close his eyes and slightly nod his head.

A few minutes later the doctor came in and told me to go out in the hall while he examined Isaac. Isaac's eyes got big and round as he shook his head back and forth. "I can't have him in here while I look at you." I heard the doctor tell him.

"Please," Isaac whispered in reply.

"I'm sorry Mr. Lahey but he has to stay outside. Scott your mother wanted to talk to you while you were here." He said looking at me.

"Ok," I told the doctor "I'll be right outside if you need me." I said in Isaac's direction.

As I left the room I found a plastic chair to sit in. I put my head in my hands and took a long sigh. "How are you doing sweetie?" I heard my mothers voice and felt her warm hand on my shoulder.

"Not great, mom. Not great." I said in a small voice.

"It will be ok. You'll see that soon enough." Her pager buzzed and she told me that she needed to go see another patient.

As she left the doctor said I could go back in but had to be careful because he was shaken up. Once I opened the door I was meet with a shaking Isaac. I rushed to his side at once. "What's wrong?" I asked in a rush.

"Please just hold me?" He asked in a trembling voice. I could tell he was about to cry as I gently laid myself in the bed beside him and protectively wrapped my arms around his trembling frame.

I really hoped that my mothers words would turn out to be true.