Chapter Two- Hope

Scott's POV

All I could do was wait.

I was currently sitting at the hospital with my best friend Stiles right next to me and his boyfriend, Derek, in the seat beside Stiles'. I could feel the crusty lines that the dried salt from my tears had left on my cheeks.

We had been waiting a little over two hours now and the doctor said it could take up to four more for the surgery to be done. And even then, they didn't know if it was going to successful or not.

By now Stiles' dad, the sheriff, had Isaac's father in custody for child abuse since Isaac was only 17 and still a minor. Isaac had multiple ribs that were either cracked or broken and one rib had hit a major organ so that's why they were taking so long. He also had lots of open wounds, many that had to be stitched, and lots of old scars from previous abuse.

I had gotten all the information from my mom, the lead nurse. One of the other nurses came out yet again to tell us that his vitals were ok and everything was going good so far.

Derek exuded himself so it was only me and Stiles. "What if he doesn't make it?" I whispered to my best friend, tears making tracks down my face again.

"Don't say things like that. He'll pull through, don't worry, he's strong Scott," he replied with a confident voice. That's what I loved about Stiles, he always believes when no one else does.

Derek came back a few minutes later and said he needed to get home to his sister and uncle. Technically, Derek was well old enough to live on his own but he had decided to move back in with his family so he could save up for a house for Stiles and him. Stiles, being three years younger than Derek, had one more year to go before he was legal and could move in with Derek.

Derek left after kissing Stiles on the cheek and I laid my head down on my best friends shoulder. He held me through the tears and told me everything was going to be alright. Eventually, I drifted of into sleep.