Chapter Fifteen- I've Got You

Isaac's POV

That was the first night I hadn't had any dreams. I woke up in Scott's arms recalling the events that had led up to this point. I was embarrassed to say the least. To break down like that in front of so many people like, and especially since these where Scott's friends, this was unimaginable. I still could not believe it had happened.

"Mmm," I heard Scott groan and I buried my head back into his shoulder. He rolled over so he is now lying on his back and puts his arm around my shoulder. He pulls me closer to his body and I snuggle back in.

"What time is it?" Scott asked.

I looked at the bed side table and read aloud, "8:30," as the blurry numbers finally made sense.

"We need to get up," he softly told me.

"No," I moaned into his chest. I never wanted to move, this position was just so comfortable that I could have stayed there forever.

"Nope! We're getting up," Scott told he as he sat up. He leaned against the headboard of his bed and I continued to lay on him, but now with my head on his lap. "Don't ever do that again. Ok?" He whispered as he absently ran his fingers through my hair. I almost purred from the sensation as I nodded my head. "Good," he simply replied.

We both got up and headed down stairs. It was Saturday and Scott's mom was at the hospital, working, so Scott made fried eggs.

After that we each took a shower and then came back downstairs and watched a movie. In the middle of the movie Scott fell asleep in my lap as I ran my fingers through his cropped hair. I really loved it here. Everything was peaceful and relaxed. I never had to worry about when I did something wrong and the consequences that came with it.

I felt safe as I feel asleep.

"Get up boy!" Dad yelled as he grabbed a fistful of my hair and hauled me off the couch. I sucked in a shocked breath and landed flat on my face as he threw me to the ground. "You're a pathetic excuse for a son! I can't believe I put up with you for as long as I did," he said in disgust.

Just then his face morphed into another that I knew all to well. "Get up!" The voice that yelled at me this time made me tremble and tears start to well in my eyes.

"Please don't," I whispered, "please don't do this to me, Scott."

My heart broke as he laughed at me. "Get up Isaac! Get up!"

All of a sudden I was laying on the couch again with Scott over the top of me.

"Please don't hurt me!" He looked at me with soft eyes that held confusion within them, the total opposite of his previous eyes that could practically shoot daggers.

"You're awake and safe, I promise." He paused for a second and then continued by saying, "It's me, Isaac. I promise." But I wasn't falling for it again.

I ripped myself form his grasp and fled the room, tears blinding me as I stumbled out the front door. I fell once I got to the middle of the driveway, then felt a pair of arms incase my body and I gave up fighting. While my body when limp the arms picked me up and placed me in Scott's lap.

He looked me straight in the eye and said, "It's me. The real me. Whatever happened in the dream didn't happen for real. You are safe and I won't let anything hurt you. I promise. Ok?"

I weakly nodded my head and he stood up, walking towards the door, me still in his arms. He continued to carry me up the stairs and laid me on my bed. Then he went to the bathroom and I heard the water running. He brought me back a glass of water and sat on the edge of my bed as I drank it.

"I'm scared," I whispered as I looked down into the now empty glass. I felt Scott scoot up by me and lay down. He pushed me to a laying position and wrapped me in his warm arms but once again.

"I've got you now. There's nothing to be scared of anymore."