Chapter Ten- Nightmares

Scott's POV

Dinner was delicious and a bit awkward to begin with, but after mom started a conversation everything calmed down. I dwelled on the kiss though. I had tried to concentrate on something else, but was failing miserably at my tactics. It was apparent that Isaac was thinking of the kiss as well.

After dinner I helped Isaac back upstairs and awkwardly said goodnight. After I was in my own room I sat down on my bed with a heavy sigh. I couldn't believe what just happened. What really shocked me was that he had asked for it. It was finally conformed that my feelings for him were mutual. He loved me as much as I did him. I felt a huge smile upon my lips and couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. I was so happy as everything went black and I slipped into a sleepy unconsciousness.

---

I woke up with a start as I heard a loud noise from the room next door. I got up in a daze, my brain not really clear on what had just happened.

Then it all came back and I started to run, finally realizing that the noise came from Isaac's room. As I quietly opened the door I saw Isaac screaming and mumbling in his sleep. His blankets were all wrapped up around him and he was struggling to get free from there grasp. He was sweating profoundly and was thrashing from side to side. "No, please, dad, no!" I heard him mumble under his breath.

Then it dawned on me. He was having a nightmare. I rushed to his bed and grasped onto his shoulders. I gently started to shake them and quietly said his name not wanting to startle him. He gasped and shot straight up on his bead. He looked side to side for the invisible threat. "Hey, Isaac it's me, Scott," I said grasping his head in my hands, forcing him to look at me, "I'm right here and everything is fine. You're safe now. No one can hurt you anymore." I kept chanting reassuring statements to him before he actually understood what was really happening.

He relaxed in my grip, his shoulders slouching and took a deep breath. That's when I saw his eyes get watery and knew what was coming next. "Hey, hey, it's okay." I said as I pulled him into a hug. As I looked over his shoulder I saw my moms head peaking through the door. She gave me a sad but understanding smile and quietly shut the door behind her as she left.

As I heard Isaac sob into my shoulder my heart broke. To see someone this broken almost killed me, especially since that someone was Isaac. As he cried himself to sleep I thought about what he needed. He needed help from a therapist of some sort and he needed it fast before things got even worse. Isaac finally lay quietly on my shoulder and I could feel him softly breathing. I slowly laid down with him still on me and pulled the blanket up around us. I didn't want to disturb him so I decided just to sleep there for the night.