Chapter Fourteen- Lost

Scott's POV

Everyone was just sitting around the fire talking. It felt so good to do something normal for once. Isaac's weight from him laying on me was much welcomed as well.

"You two look cute together." Derek simply stated.

"I know. I think he's been doing a lot better now that his fathers in jail."

Derek nodded his head and went back to his conversation with Stiles who was also laying in his lap. They were talking about the house they were soon going to buy. Stiles' birthday was just the next month and Derek had about enough money saved up to buy a house. The only problem was the sherif. He wasn't too keen on Stiles dating an older man so I could only guess how unhappy he would be when Stiles told him that he was moving out.

Just then Isaac started to fidget in his sleep. I rubbed my hand down his back, trying to calm him down. "Ahhhhhhh!" His piercing scream cur through the air like a knife to butter. Everyone became quiet as he sat up and they all stared at him.

"Hey, hey. It's ok." I said lightly, wrapping my arms around him. He suddenly shoved my arms off him and started to run. I sat there in shock with everyone else for a second before I yelled, "Isaac! Wait!" And got up running after him.

It was dark and Isaac was no where to be found. It was also very cold and after about thirty minutes of searching for him, Stiles called his dad so they would have help finding him. The sherif got there quickly and told us backup was on the way. He asked what happened and we all answered truthfully. It was another ten minutes by the time backup was there. By that time I was beginning to got really scarred. It was cold and he had never been in these woods before. The deputy's had brought flashlights so we decided to divide and concur.

Stiles and Derek where paired up and so where Lydia and Jackson. That left me and Allison. I didn't even really notice her as I took off searching. We looked all night into the morning but there was still no sign of Isaac. It was as of he had disappeared from the face of the earth.

I was just making my way to the other side of the woods when I got a phone call from Stiles. I hastily picked it up, "We found him Scott," I heard Stiles' voice tell me.

"Where?" I demanded.

"On the south side of the woods by the creek we used to play in when we were kids. You better come fast. He's in pretty bad condition." I told him ok and hung up the phone.

I yelled at Allison and told her of the news. We quickly headed back. We ran as fast as we could to the south side of the park and after about fifteen minutes we made it there. I could see the backs of the sherif and Stiles. Derek appeared to be kneeling in front of something I couldn't quite see. I made my way over to the group and discovered that Isaac was the one on the ground.

He was rocking back and forth while covering his ears, like he didn't want anyone to see him. "Oh! Thank god your here," Stiles told me, "he's been like this the whole time. Everyone has tried to talk to him but he just won't listen." I nodded my head and slowly walked over to the vulnerable body on the ground.

I got to my knees and wrapped my arms around Isaac. Derek moved out of the way going back to Stiles while I started talking to him.

"Isaac, honey, you need to listen to me now. I need you to sit up and talk to me," I said in a low voice right next to his ear. His rocking stilled but he was still covering his ears. "That's good baby, that's good. Now I need you to stop covering your ears for me." His hands slowly came off of his ears and he looked at me frightfully.

"I'm sorry," he whispered to me. I heard everyone around us give a big sigh of relief but I paid no attention to it.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. You just had a bad dream. It happens to everyone at some point," I said, holding him a little closer, "nothing to be embarrassed about. Now why don't we go home?" He nodded his head and stood up with me.

Stiles stopped us and said, "Derek went back to get my car. You can take it to your place tonight and I'll drive your bike. We can swap them back tomorrow if you want."

"That sounds great. Thanks," I shortly told him.

I was still holding Isaac in my arms when Derek showed up with Stiles' jeep ten minutes later.

"Thank you," I whispered to Stiles and Derek as I got Isaac in the vehicle. He was nearly asleep when we got home so I carried him inside.

My mom had a worried expression on her face as I enter the house. "What happened? The sherif called me and said something about Isaac running off but told me to stay here in case he came back home. What was happening?"

I sighed and said, "Long story short, Isaac had a nightmare in front of everyone, freaked out and ran away. But it's ok mom. We found him and he's not injured. I'll give you the details tomorrow but right now I'm really tired."

She nodded her head. "Get to sleep," she simply commanded and walked away. I made my way upstairs to my room. Isaac was sleeping with me tonight wether he wanted to or not.