Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Evelyn

In order for us to go on our way, we had to make sure we had supplies. We packed up our stuff and headed to town, with three more passengers than last time, (Icelia and Iverene were hidden from view somewhere.) Storm was happy for some attention, I’d practically forgotten about him. I rubbed his head reassuringly.

“I’m sorry boy, my mind just happened to be on other things at the time. I promise to give you your much needed attention today. Here take some oats,” I reached into my pocket and pulled out the yummy food. His lips tickled my hand and I giggled. “Now who’s a good boy?” I whispered onto his head.

I saw Allison shift to look at me. Her face held a mask of emotion, but her eyes gave her away, laughing at me on the inside.  She glanced at me one more time before she turned on ahead to the southern gate.

Watch out, the guards ahead are very jumpy; apparently no one has gone through these gates in the past couple of weeks. If you suddenly show up, there’s going to be suspicion especially since there’s a “Dragon” on the loose. Icelia warned me

Don’t worry, we will be careful. Besides, what could possibly go wrong?

Hello? Everything could go wrong. Icelia left my mind.

She shook me up and bit. I pulled my shoulders back and tried to take on a confident stance. Will— who was sitting behind Allison— looked at me funny.

“What? I’m trying to be confident. Don’t judge.”

“It’s not that, it’s just—”

“I don’t want to hear it. I’m just nervous. Okay?” I cut him off.

He shook his head and looked forward. A slight breeze ruffled by and lifted my hair off my neck and then settled down. Will closed his eyes and breathed in deeply.

The guards came up all too quickly. “Halt, state you’re business.” He held his arm out in front of him. He had a boyish face under all the armor. I couldn’t exactly take him seriously, he looked like an impersonator.

Allison smiled sweetly at him. “We’ve been on a long journey, kind sir. We would like to freshen up and stock up on supplies.” She blinked slowly and deliberately.

The other guard turned questionably toward us. “How’d you get pass that dragon o’er there? That would be no easy task.” He squinted at us.

Allison playing her drastic part gasped. “There’s a dragon? Oh save us! We didn’t see a dragon.” She began breathing hard. Her hand fluttered to her heart. “I could have died. There should have been a warning of some kind.” She sharply took in air.

“Miss, Calm down, everything will be all right. The dragon didn’t get you, you’re safe now.” Allison slowed her breathing.

The Twin Dragon Riders (Dropped)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara