Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Allison

I watched in shock as a big burly man came out from behind the trees. He took the hilt of his weapon, a hook maybe? He took the weapon and whacked Evelyn on the head with the butt of it. Evelyn’s body crumpled to the floor unconscious.

She looks dead, I thought. Shh, don’t think of things like that. I looked away briefly, and then remember someone knocked my sister out. I spun around with my sword swinging to make anybody move back.

Two people were advancing on me. I prepared myself to fight. The hook man took his hook and slashed at me. I tried to move my hand back in time, but was too late. Only a sliver of it scratched and bled.

Be more careful, I swung and slashed at his arm. He took his hook and caught my blade. Now holding on with two hands for more force, I tried to take my blade back. His devilish face gave a creepy evil grin. Instantly I felt goose bumps go up my arms and into my heart.

The hook man twisted his wrist and my blade flew out of my hands. Without missing a beat I drew my dagger. For more close combat. I yelled and lunged at him again. He blocked and tried to swipe at me again. I duck and rolled and came up standing. I rushed at him, he put his hook up to block but I kept going. My dagger pressed fiercely into his hook that was now near his chest.

I saw that the hook was actually part of his body and I was a bit disgusted and disturbed. He gave me an evil smile again and shouted “Now!”

I felt arms wrap themselves against my torso, picking me up. I kicked my legs and screamed wriggling in his grasps. The hook man came up and spat on me. The wet glob landed, fortunately, on my arm and slid down.

I still have my dagger I realized. I swung my arm down, and scratched the man who was holding me. He let go and gripped his arm in his hands. The hook man took away my dagger while I was still trying to get away with it loose in my hands.

I was still very much a beginner fighter and I was horrible at keeping my weapons. Another man with a silly eye patch came and collected me. They tied me to a tree next to Evelyn. My hands were tied in front of me and if I tried to get them off, they would tighten around my wrists.

I screamed and wailed some more. Wait; let them think I’m upset and defeated. I shut off my wailing and sat patiently. I tried to think of a solution to get out of this. Evelyn was also searched and her weapons were taken away.

The man with the eye patch gave me a satisfying nod. He looked so silly with his eye patch, like he was a wannabe pirate. He had a mess of black hair that glistened with oil, yuck! From the lines on his face I could tell he was the least serious out of all the people. At the moment he was trying to keep a scowl on his face but he looked so pathetic.

The man that I cut with my dagger had a shock of red hair. He had bits of beard showing on his face and his eyes showed deep pure hatred at me. He was a rather skinny man, and didn’t have so much of a big build, but beneath his shirt I could see he was clenching his hands and making his scrawny looking muscle bulge, which actually made them look bigger.