Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Allison

The castle has been a riotous chaotic mess. Not only that, but it's mostly my fault. Not really my fault, more like the demon controlling my body's fault. And just when I think things will start to run smoothly, but no, 'Queen Allison' has to become a pompous, arrogant, and self-centered—

Nope I'm not going to say the word. I'd be insulting myself. I need to have a high opinion. Keep your head held high you wouldn't want your crown to fall off. I'm practically just a soul dwelling in a body, unable to move, to do anything. Now I just dwell on the unpopular voices in my head that I've become quite acquainted to.

The demon's first order of business was to throw Emperor Micah in a cell. I probably would've done that myself, but because I can't control it, I want nothing to do with it. Emperor Micah pleaded that he wasn't doing all of this. Something had possessed him. The demon just laughed and with a low echo sound of my voice replied, "I am the demon now," And laughed even harder.

Next, I ordered the group of guards on duty to be executed in the nearest city, Dracoton, where from then on the news would spread like wildfire. Then, a big feast was to be prepared for my return. I would receive another the following night for my birthday celebration.

After that, to my dismay, all the family portraits were to be torn from the walls and burned. The excuse was "I don't want to ever see my father's face." But I'm pretty sure it was to get rid of anything that portrayed me as sweet. I could sense the spirits thought here and there before a barricade was thrown up, so I can't really tell why all this is happening.

Finally, all the servants, guards and palace workers filed out, except for one. Caleb. He stared at me with confusion and doubt written on his face. "What are you still doing here, peasant?" my demonic voice barked. Caleb jolted back in surprise and his jet black hair fell into his eyes.

"What's going on, Allison? Why are you destroying everything in the palace? What happened to you?" Caleb pleaded. I could feel a sense of terror. "Are you going to destroy the kingdom?"

"I will have no one questioning my authority here. You're a peasant so run along. I've already assigned jobs for everyone. I have no need for you." The demon voice replied.

No! It's not me, Caleb. Please don't believe anything she says. I mentally plead in my head. I stare as Caleb waltzes away. He looks defeated, broken. I noticed his eyes held bags under them.

Caleb continued to walk away quietly. No! Come back. Don't listen to her. Be your annoying self. I don't want to be alone. I saw a twitch in his wrist.

My body is knocked from my throne by a big gust of wind. I topple down the steps, my limbs tangled together as I fall. My head bashes against the step as we continue to roll. The demon cries out, but I don't feel any pain. The demon lies on the floor panting while blood pours from the wound.

"How dare a peasant like you, hurt a queen, like me!" I push myself off the ground. My arms are raised as water pours in around me until I have eight tentacles. They swipe through the air slashing at Caleb. Cuts and bruises appear on his face.

"Allison would never belittle people beneath her! She is a kind hearted person, who cares for those around her. She especially loves her family with her whole heart!" Caleb's voice grows louder and more firm. "She's sweet, she's strong, and she tries with her whole soul to do right!"

Caleb's eyes turn the glossy white again. A complete sphere of wind surrounds him, preventing any of the demons attacks from hitting him. I can feel the panic in the spirits mind. Caleb grits his teeth. "She would never harm her subjects, her family, and her kingdom. The path you're going down is far from right!"