Chapter 98: Reliving Past Mistakes, Building A Brighter Future

Start from the beginning

I could see stress and doubt glistening in his eyes as he grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"Of course Colin, I love you, I just didn't know if you'd ever want to try to be in a serious relationship with me again since Ry—"

He pressed his lips against mine before I could finish my sentence. The kiss only lasted a few brief seconds before he pulled away and wrapped his arms around me me.

"What happened with him doesn't matter anymore," he whispered into my ear, "The only O'Donoghue name I want to hear coming out of your mouth when we're talking about any kind of relationship is mine..."

My body shuddered as his words sent chills through my spine.

"I only want you to say my name ok?" He insisted, pulling away and looking into my eyes.

I nodded and everyone began clapping. My eyes remained focused on Colin for two reasons. Reason number one being the fact that if I were to look around, I would get embarrassed and realize how awkward that was in reality. The second reason being, Colin's crystal blue eyes were piercing my soul, and his demanding tone was a major turn on.

The moment finally passed and I felt safe to look around when everyone stopped clapping. Tony was all smiles, and Courtney looked relieved to know that I wasn't on the market for her precious Ryan, even Colin's mom seemed to approve.

"I'm just glad she knows which one is good for her," Mary joked.

Everyone laughed and I looked around for Ryan, but he was nowhere in sight.

"We can get going after Ryan comes back from the bathroom," Courtney insisted cheerfully.

"When did he leave?"

"About the time that you and Colin kissed... I guess he figured he wasn't missing much. He's not a very emotional guy when it comes to watching these things..."

I smiled and looked down to the floor. That's how I knew that Ryan was different around her. Ryan was one of the sappiest, most emotional guys I knew. Whether it was actually sweet, or just crude humor, he was always down for things like that. The only difference was the fact that he wasn't ready to let us go...

A few moments later Ryan came back, and we headed off to start the tour. Colin was attached to my hip for most of the time, and Tony was directly behind me. Con and Mary were in front of us, and I assumed Courtney and Ryan were behind. About half way through, we came to an area that gave us a little more free space to roam around in, and discover more facts about the company.

Colin kissed my cheek and told me that he was going to go explore a little bit, and Tony tagged along. Don't get me wrong, I loved holding Colin's hand, but it got to the point where my hand actually slipping out of his, due to the sweat and body heat during the tour, was no longer fun. I was actually thankful to finally have a moment to air out a little bit.

I casually walked in the opposite direction of Colin and Tony, and saw Courtney inspecting a sign out of the corner of my eye. Directly behind her, Ryan was sitting down on a bench, looking at his phone. I lingered for a few moments, waiting to see what Courtney was doing, and as she walked further away, I moved in towards Ryan.

When I made it to the bench, he looked up for a brief moment, looked back down, and mumbled something under his breath.

"Hey Ryan..." I said cautiously, "What's up?"