Chapter 94: True Love Prevails

POV: Ryan

"Oh, Courtney! I just got off the phone with your mom, she said the girls are fine," I claimed, buttoning up my new shirt, as she walked into the room.

"That's good, I hope she doesn't feed them too much... You know how grandparents can be!"

I smiled and kissed her on the cheek.

"I'm gonna go hang out with Tony for a little while, don't hesitate to call me if you need me ok?"

"Yeah, of course—"

"Alright, see you later tonight," I insisted, waving goodbye, and making my way through the hotel, down into the parking garage.

Tony and I were meeting up at the Irish Whiskey Museum for a quick tour and a few samples. I pulled into a parking space and greeted Tony outside of the entrance.

"What's up!" I exclaimed, going in for a hug, "How have you been?!"

"I'm great man, how about yourself?" He asked, patting me on the back and pulling away.

"I'm fantastic—"

"Ready to go inside?"

I surveyed my surroundings and walked in the opposite direction towards a food vender.

"Hold on a second," I insisted, pulling out my wallet.

A few moments later, I came back with a yogurt parfait in hand.

"Was that really necessary," he asked, watching as I shoved a scoop into my mouth.

"Did you want some?"

"No," he scowled, looking away as I shoveled in another spoonful, "I dont eat anything like that..."

"You don't eat sweets? What about whipped cream? How can you live without whipped cream?!" I asked, amazed at the life he lead.

"Not necessarily sweets... I don't eat sour cream... or cottage cheese—"

"So you're a food racist?" I joked, "No white food?"

"I just don't eat things white and creamy... or liquified..."

I frowned at him and thought about making a dirty joke.

"Did someone force feed you too much milk when you were a baby or something?"

"It wasn't when I was a baby... or milk, but yeah you're on the right track..."

"Well you can't just not tell me now—"

"It's not important," he insisted abruptly, "are you ready to go or not?"

"Wait until I finish this..."

We sat on a little bench outside and enjoyed the scenery while I finished off the rest of my parfait.

"Ok," I muttered, throwing away my empty plastic cup with a mouth full of yogurt, "I'm done now"

Tony made eye contact with me and gaged.