Chapter 15

Your P.O.V.

*a couple weeks later*

Okay. Today is the day. You're going to confess your feelings for Eridan. You were currently sitting in a diner waiting for Eridan to get there, having asked him to meet you there. You had on a f/c shirt with dress pants, looking nice. Your hair had been combed and put into your usual style. It was 6:50, ten minutes away from the time you asked him to be here. The waiter had been by a couple times, but you had assured him that you were just early. Five minutes passed and the door dinged, you looked up and saw Eridan in a fancy looking black and purple shirt, his cape, and some black dress pants. Glancing around Eridan spots you and starts walking to the booth, sitting across from you. The waiter notices and comes to get your drink orders. You were lost in thought, trying to figure out how to put everything into words, Eridan noticed.
"So, wwas there somefin you wwanted to talk to me about?" There was slight concern in his voice, he probably thought he did something wrong.
"Uh.. yeah." You took a deep breath to steady yourself. "There's been something I've been wanting to tell you. I-" just then the waiter comes back with your drinks, asking if your ready to order. Eridan had glanced through the menu while you were talking and said he was ready, so you ordered. The waiter left to put your orders in. You sighed once he left, looking back at Eridan. He smiled encouragingly, or perhaps hopefully. "I'm flushed for you. I have been for a while now."
His face was priceless, the pure joy and excitement that lit up his face, you couldn't help but smile back. "I'm flushed for you too, y/n." He grabbed one of your hands, you had them together on top of the table, and looked into your eyes. "Y/n, will you be my matesprite?" You nodded, extremely happy now.
You talked for a while, eating your food once it got there, and split the check at the end. Afterwards, you went on a walk while holding hands. He started leading you through some forest in a small trail. You were curious, but followed patiently. After a few minutes you walked out onto a small clearing that overlooked the ocean via a small cliff. The sun was beginning to set, sending colors across the sky and ocean. He sat down, you following soon after, and watched the sunset.
"This is so beautiful, Eri." You leaned against him, your head resting on his shoulder, and he wrapped his arm around you. You hugged him tightly, a smile dancing across your face, and you talked about random things that came to mind. The slow pace of things calmed you and, for once, you didn't have a care in the world.

Sorry for the short chapter, this seemed like a good place to end it. I wanted to thank AikoWrites for their comment, it really made my day and motivated me to spam you guys with a few chapters. I'm hoping to get the next chapter up before I go to bed and another in the morning when I wake up. I'll see you guys in the next chapter!