Yes, Love

"...and that's all biological myocardial rupture," Dr. Jenson finished explaining. 

Ariana nodded, wiping silent tears from her eyes with the tissues he provided her with earlier. She just couldn't stand it. He was describing to her the tragedy occuring in her child's chest and the hardships that were to come.

"I'm so sorry, Miss Grande," the doctor sighed, "I know this must be difficult to handle. It's treatable though. It's a little bit later than preferable for some treatments, but Julian can get better."

"Really?" Ariana asked, "I'll do anything, really."

Dr Jenson smiled, "I know, Miss Grande. Looks like Justin would too." He gestured towards the living room, behind the half wall of the kitchen table they were sitting at.

Julian was playing with a toy truck from a large container of playthings. A bunch of cars, action figures, and games were sprawled on the wood flooring.

Just before, Dr. Jenson had asked Darren to go into his old playroom and bring the box of his favorite toys from when he was a little kid. And the teenager hurried upstairs and grabbed a trunk of them.

Now, Darren was leaning back against the couch, watching Justin and Julian sitting on the carpet. Julian was laying flat on his stomach while Justin was sitting cross-legged.

Julian was pushing the cars back and forth, making sounds appropriate. Justin was smiling, looking down at the boy. Julian would tell him to grab a certain type of car for him, "please" and Justin would dig through the box a little. And if Justin had trouble, Darren would get up and magically find it- because the box was his favorite childhood set after all.

Justin would say thanks and then hand the car to Julian. 

Then Justin would also ask Julian questions like, "What's your favorite color?" ( Julian would say- "Can it be two? Blue and Purple."), "What's your favorite food?" ("Macaroni and Jell-O! Not together. That's ick. Gross."), "How do you like school?" ("I don't."). 

And Justin knew it was like a desperate attempt to get to know his son better. The son he could be losing so quickly now. And he wished to just hold him in his arms because he felt somewhere in him that Julian was slipping out of his grasp already even though Julian was right there, in front of him, smiling.

 Dr. Jenson continued, "Yes, all of the treatments really will help. They'll extend the time to his transplant."

Ariana frowned, "Julian- he really needs a heart transplant?"

"Yes," the doctor nodded solemnly.

"But the waiting list..." Ariana mumbled. She knew how long the list would be of people waiting for an organ. And she was very scared again. If they couldn't get a heart soon enough and she had to watch her son diminish-

Doctor Jenson smiled, "Don't worry, Miss Grande. I will do my best to make sure Julian's treatments will keep him in good enough shape until the surgery." He daren't mention that he would not need only a heart, but a pretty good amount of AB+ blood, and the nation was at a devastating shortage right now.

Ariana nodded, "Thank you so much, Dr. Jenson, you are a miracle-worker, sir." She gave him the most geniune smile she could muster. She felt what he really meant to say was "I can keep Julian alive that long most likely." Ariana internally scolded herself for thinking this way. If she kept that up- she'd be bawling again.

He laughed, "There's no need to thank me. I'll start working with Julian a week from today. Get all of his things and I will sent Justin all the information of the therapy center we'll be at."

 Ariana nodded. That should give her enough time to arrange something with Julian's school, pack up the apartment, straighten everything out- and try to keep it all together.

~

Darren knelt down to Julian, "Okay, kiddo. Don't worry about it. You're sick, but your mommy and daddy are going to take care of you."

"Justin?" Julian asked, looking into his eyes, "Oh, Justin's not my daddy but thanks, Darren. You're really nice and I hope I can see you soon again so we can play."

"You will, in a week," he side-smiled, propping his elbows unto his knees, "it'll be fine. We can hang out together again."

"Okay!" Julian exclaimed enthusastically. He hugged Darren and even though the teen was take by surprise at first, he hugged the little kid back and then stood up.

Justin couldn't deny it. Darren was a pretty good kid. And maybe he judged him too quick. "Hey," Justin smiled at Darren, "Thanks for everything." Darren answered with a slight nod. Justin turned to Dr. Jenson, "Thanks, Benjamin."

The doctor grinned, "It was my pleasure. Until next time, Ariana and Julian."

She smiled at him sweetly and Julian waved. Ariana then took Julian's hand and led him to the car first. 

"You know where to send the information," Justin said to Doctor Jenson as Ariana swung her arms, steering Julian to the car. Justin wanted to know as soon as possible the precautions and actions of Julian's situation. He's never really done his own research and work, but he wasn't about to trust any super-intelligent managers he could hire. Not that he wouldn't hire them. Justin was going to do his own work though, because he wanted to read and think about it first hand. But then he had also asked Dr. Jenson on the sly to send him the documents on his grandmother's autopsy. Why would his mother deliberately lie to him? What was the use?

"Yes," Dr. Jenson reasurred. He could see how tense Justin was. And due to his recent relevations, he had every right to be.

Not to mention the media. These past years they had finally backed off on Justin, a few outlets calling him a has-been, but all Justin's really been doing now is laying low and producing music for his fans and people he cares about. What's right- or maybe he's just gotten better at hiding what he does wrong. But no matter the case, Jenson could see the sparkle in Justin's eyes whenever he looked at Ariana or Julian. That was still there, even if it was buried deep sometimes.

Ariana strapped Julian into the car and he sighed, "Mommy, Darren's mom is really sick and she's dying."

Ariana felt her heart get heavier. That poor child. She smiled, "I'm sure she'll get better. Darren will take good care of her."

Julian nodded, "Yeah, that's what I think too. Because love is all we need, right Mommy?" His bright eyes were widened and looking up at her. His look was quizzical and wanting.

She felt tears coming to her eyes, but Ariana held them back as she kissed her baby's cheek and whispered, "Yes, Julian. And I love you."

 *IT'D BE AWESOME IF YOU COULD JUST CLICKITYCLACK THAT VOTE BUTTON :) AND COMMENT <3 

Thanks for reading and sorry for not updating and being an arsehole :)