Some Moonlight Nights

28th of February. Justin groaned. Everything was so messy in his mind.

He'd need to get ready for Julian's birthday party tomorrow, which meant buying the most spendiest toy he could find. That boy was one heck of a child- he could tell by the way Ariana looked into Julian's eyes, he is one lovable son.

And then after Julian's party was his, clubbing in downtown LA. He'd need to buy a new box of condoms, no doubt Lil Twist would've already found the next handful of girls who'd like to spend a night with Bieber.

~

"Julian, baby," Ariana hummed, "I know tomorrow's your birthday but it's a Thursday. You still have to go to school."

"I don't like school," he moaned, "and school doesn't like me- c'mon mommy! I hate it- some of the kids are so dumb and mean."

"Can't help that you're more mature, huh?" Ariana smiled jokingly.

"I am mature!" Julian whined.

"Julian," Ariana countered in her mommy voice, "finish your cereal and we're walking to school."

~

Julian felt his mother was possibly one of the most unreasonable people in the world- he was turning 5! And he'd still have to walk to school. Why couldn't they just borrow Aunt Alexa's car like yesterday?

Why couldn't they just get their own car? Everyone else at school has one. I-Pads and I-Phones too. Julian didn't have much, just shoes, pants, and a shirt. A nutella sandwich and 3 oranges for snack and lunch.

But when he'd ask him mom why, she'd just get a sad and smile, "Sweetie, you know I'd give you the world if I could." She'd promised that this year, on his 5th year of life, she'd get him really special.

"Mommy," Julian called as they walked hand-in-hand along the side-walk.

"Yes, baby?" she asked.

"I thought you were going to give me a special gift on my birthday?"

"Yes, Julian," Ariana laughed, "that's going to be tomorrow."

"No- you gave it to me yesterday," Julian smiled, "does that mean I get a different one tomorrow?"

Ariana was confused, "What was the gift yesterday?"

Julian beamed, "I finally got to meet Justin- I didn't know if he'd come, but he did." 

~

As Ariana walked home alone, her heart felt so broken. That poor boy- he just wanted to meet that mysterious man who was always that picture hung up in her room. 

Julian came into the room with hands behind his back.

"Yes, baby?" Ariana groaned, rubbing her eyes as the door creaked and the hall light flooded in.

"I had another dream," he smiled and came by her side.

"Was it scary, sweetie?" she asked, taking her son into her arms, stroking hhis head.

"No, it made me happy. I just woke up and wanted to share with you."

"Thank you, baby," Ariana grinned and kissed his forehead.

Julian looked to his right and gasped.

"What is it?" Ariana asked urgently.

"That's the man!" Julian laughed, "From my dreams mommy!"

Ariana looked over the side of his head and saw a framed picture she had taken of Justin years ago.

Ariana just shook her head with a bit of a childish gleam, "Oh Julian, I don't ever want that little spark in you to be put out. I love you, baby." She then kissed him on the forehead again and held the boy in her arms, hoping Justin would visit her tonight too.