Back Down Honeymoon Avenue

Written while listening to Colbie Caillat's "I Never Told You"

Julian's liquid Jell-o is still on the kitchen table next to his purple cake.

As Julian was running around the living room, trying not to let 5 balloons not touch the ground simultaneously, Justin leaned against the counter next to Ariana, who was unpackaging fruit punches.

"So he's going to be alright?" Justin asked.

"He'll be alright," Ariana smiled, "that happens occasionally. It scares me so bad, but Julian's a strong baby."

"Y'know," Justin said, "I'm always free to help."

Ariana grinned and turned towards Justin, "Today's your birthday too, Justin. Don't think I forgot. It's really nice you showed up." She frowned a bit, "I'm sorry I don't have a birthday gift though. I just can't..."

"A kiss on the cheek will do," Justin smiled.

Ariana nodded, and turned a bit red, but she tipped her toes and pecked his cheek real quick.

"How'd you end up here, Ari?" Justin asked, trying to look in her eyes as she came back down.

"I did what I thought was best at the time," Ariana said straightforwardly.

"And is it for the best now?" Justin questioned.

Ariana looked up into his round, brown pupils and whispered, "Well, if you're here now, then... yes. I picked what was the best for now."

~

As Ariana set the cookies and plates on the table, the doorbell rang. 

"That's Chad!" Julian screamed and sprinted towards the door.

"Hey Chad!" he yelped when he opened the door.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Grande," a middle-aged African-American smiled warmly.

"Good afternoon," Ariana greeted sweetly. She looked over at Justin, "This is uh- Justin-"

"That's Justin Bieber!" the woman shrieked. 

Justin gave a small smile, "Yes, m'am."

"I'm Jamie Dandee," the excited woman introduced herself and shook Justin's hand, "and you are Julian's..."

"Oh," Justin frowned looking around, "uh- I'm just another one of Julian's friends, you know."

"Funny," Ms. Dandee smiled, "the first thought when I saw you was that Julian had two incredibly young parents, one of whom was Justin Bieber."

 Ariana was turning red again, but Justin speedily answered jokingly, "Well, I think I'd know then."

Justin and Chad were jumping around, trying to pop balloons with their butts.

Ariana put the goody-bags in a box and placed it by the counter.

~

"So," Justin smiled, "Chad is Julian's good friend?"

"Well, I guess but, um," Ariana said. She was starting to tear up.

"Ariana," Justin whispered, a bit pained himself, "what's wrong?" He took her hand into his

Ariana used her free hand to wipe her tears and she smiled, "No- it's nothing. We just moved here and Julian's been having a hard time making friends- and I just wish I could give him a better life."

Justin placed his fingers under her chin to lift up Ariana's face, "Hey, I might not have seen you for years, but I'm still here, Ari, and I'll do everything in my power to help you. That bastard that left you and Julian is unforgivable. I know if it was me I'd be so upset."

Ariana willed any another tears that were coming and just smiled.

The doorbell rang again and Julian and Chad raced over to it. Ariana opened the door and the two boys shouted, "Henderson!" together.

Justin didn't even get to see Henderson's parents because they came and left so quickly.

"'Scuse me, sir," Henderson greeted, approaching Justin, "I think I've seen you in a magazine before."

Justin smiled, "Are you sure? I think I've seen you in one before, too- but the picture doesn't do you justice, dude. You're an Abercrombie model right?"

Henderson grinned, "Aw shucks," but Chad pulled him away quickly and yelled, "Balloon fight!"

Ariana was sitting at the table with Justin, just making small, light talk.

Justin wanted so badly to know everything. He wanted to get emotional and tell her how devastated he was when she disappeared. He wanted to ask her where she went. He wanted to know why she went there. He wanted to know why she didn't say anything to anyone about Julian.

~

Ariana was laughing at a joke Justin made when the doorbell rang.

Ariana opened the door and saw Alice, Julian's crush. She was a cute little thing, with two big dimples, resembling Harry Styles slightly.

"Hello," Ariana smiled, "you're Alice right?" She hadn't known that the girl was going to come, but she did anyways it seemed. Well, some people just don't understand what RSVP means.

"Mm-hm," she said and peeked in the door, "is Julian here?"

Ariana nodded, "Yup, come on in."

"Neil!" she yelled, "Come on! My mommy told us your mommy would pick us up later!"

A boy of Alice's age came into view. He had slick black hair and a winning smirk. He frowned, "Why didn't we take my car here, too? It's cooler."

Alice rolled her eyes and grabbed Neil's hand to pull him in.

Julian looked over at all the ruckus and his mouth fell open, "Neil? Alice?"

The balloon he was sitting on popped.

~

Justin clenched his fist. 

Neil just snickered again. Chad, Henderson, and Alice seemed to be just fine playing little pre-schooler games but Neil seemed to think he was way too cool and was degrading the three kids who were actually having fun.

"Balloons are dumb," Neil muttered, "and your house is so small, it's not even a house."

Julian's eyes fell.

Ariana stood up, "Neil, sweetheart, those aren't nice things to say."

Justin stood up, too, "Yea, I mean- why you beating on my apartment?"

Ariana raised her eyebrows. What the heck?

Justin took Julian's hand, "C'mon kids, roadtrip. Let's get out of my place and go to Julian's awesome bachelor's pad."

Ariana was still confused, as was Julian. But the kids seemed excited.

~

"You took a limo here?" Ariana hissed, seeing the long car.

Justin shrugged, "No biggie."

The kids were bouncing around and extremely excited, except for Neil, who was trying to look uninterested. The presents were in the trunk and probably jumping, too, from the children's strong movement. Good thing the cake was safe in Ariana's arms.

"Where to?" the chauffeur asked and Justin hollered his address over the children's elated squeals.

"You still have the same place?" Ariana asked, a bit amazed. She had heard he owned multiple houses around the globe... so why stay there?

"Yea," Justin smiled. How could he not stay where so many memories lived? And not to mention, memories that kept hope in his heart about Ariana?

Ariana sighed and smiled back at Justin

Well, she was heading back to where it all began.

*IT'D BE AWESOME IF YOU COULD JUST CLICKITYCLACK THAT VOTE BUTTON :) AND COMMENT <3