Starting Ending

Ariana sighed. All the kids had gone home after she had called the parents and told them the address had changed. Every one of Julian's guests left off the curb in front of Justin's huge house and he waved good-bye to them.

Although he hadn't opened his presents yet, Ariana sent Julian to bed because his eyes were drooping. She had convinced him they would do it tomorrow, since it was a Saturday, thankfully.

Ariana kissed Julian on the head as she tucked him into one of Justin's gazillion guest rooms.

"Mommy," Julian whispered.

Ariana stroked his hair, "Yes, baby?"

"Is Justin going to take care of us now?" he asked.

Ariana nodded, and felt herself melt in his words, "Yes, Justin promised. We're going to be safe now."

Julian smiled and closed his eyes, falling asleep.

Ariana closed the door softly and went downstairs. It was 9 PM and Justin had left an hour ago.

~

Pattie and Jeremy were just sitting in the living room, grouching at each other.

"Ariana," Pattie said when she came into the room, "tell me right now what Jeremy did."

"I didn't do anything!" he yelled.

Pattie slapped him on the shoulder, "My grandson is sleeping for hell's sake!"

Ariana was wide eyed, "Oh no, I- I-"

Pattie went over to the shocked girl and took her hands, "Honey, it's fine, I know. Now what in the world happened? Why didn't you tell me and what did Jeremy say to you?"

Ariana sighed and looked at the ground. She couldn't bring herself to look Jeremy in the eyes.

"When I found out I was pregnant, Mr. Bieber told me that, um, I should give Justin some time," she whispered, "that he wasn't ready yet- but he said I could come back when Julian and Justin were both ready."

Pattie was fuming. She turned toward Jeremy.

"Oh no!" Ariana frowned, "It was my fault! I chose to do it- but now I see how heartbroken Justin is- I wish I told him!"

Pattie scowled, "This is obviously your fault, Jeremy!" She shoved him with her hands, "Do you know how wrecked my baby was when Ariana left? You bastard! And Ariana was just a young girl! She had no idea what she was doing!"

Ariana wanted to shrink and disappear.

"I only met Justin when he was 9 and he was fine!" Jeremy argued back.

"You heartless bastard-" Pattie sneered, "I wasn't ready to raise a child on own! And Justin grew up for years without a father figure- it was horrible!"

Ariana saw Jaxon's little head peek in the room and leave again.

She left the two ex-partners fighting and walked over slowly, around the corner and saw Jazmyn and Jaxon playing sitting on the ground with each of their own iPads- the newest version.

Jaxon was unlocking his screen, trying to look busy.

"Honey," Ariana smiled, crouching down to look at Jaxon and Jazmyn, "it's okay. Adults fight."

"I know," Jazmyn smiled, putting her iPad away, "Daddy does all the time."

Ariana sat down next to her, "Yea, sometimes people argue a lot. But he does everything to protect you guys."

"And Justin too," Jaxon added, "Justin gets into fights to protect us, too."

The shouting from the other room was a little more faint now.

"Does he?" Ariana asked, "Who does he fight?"

"Like when retarded people spread rumors," Jaxon replied.

Jazmyn elbowed him, "Justin said not to use that word!"

"He uses it all the time anyways!" Jaxon retorted and stuck his tongue out at her.

"Now, Jaxon," Ariana smiled, "Jazmyn's right. That's not a very good word. I'm going to have to talk to Justin about this.

Jazmyn shrugged, "I think Justin should calm down. He did bad things to those people who kept opening their mouths all stupid- but you're alive anyways- so it's fine."

Ariana laughed, "What do you mean- 'I'm alive'?"

"Once," Jaxon said, interrupting Jazmyn, "there was this dumb dude that wrote in a magazine that you died so no one could find you and Justin found that guy and he punched him."

Ariana's mouth fell open. Justin did that? That's just...

Jeremy stormed in, "Come on, kids, we're leaving."

Jazmyn and Jaxon stood up and hugged Ariana. "Bye!" they said together.

"Bye, sweeties!" she grinned.

Before Jeremy closed the door behind him, he exhaled and tried to smile, "Good luck with Julian. Wish you the best- and um- tell Justin I'm sorry, okay?"

Ariana smiled and nodded, "I will, thank you."

She went into the living room and saw Pattie crying, her face in her hands.

"Pattie!" she frowned and ran over, "Are you okay?"

Pattie took Ariana's hands and Ariana sat next to her.

"Oh, honey," Pattie sniffed, "I'm so sorry Jeremy lead you the wrong way. I know how hard it is to raise a baby on your own."

Ariana smiled, "It's fine, Pattie. Justin's here now and everything will be alright."

"Ariana," Pattie grinned, "Call me 'Mom', please. We're all family now."

~

Meanwhile, just outside of the house...

"Get the f*ck off of me!" Justin yelled, "I'm done!"

*IT'D BE AWESOME IF YOU COULD JUST CLICKITYCLACK THAT VOTE BUTTON :) AND COMMENT <3

You guys should check out "This is Our Love" by @xxspiffythoxx Her fic is inspired by this one so if you like my story- you should go read hers, too!

Thanks you guys for 140+ votes! Writing is so fun for me and it's awesome that we can both enjoy it!