Chapter Twenty-Four

After being in the hospital for four days I recondized the two cars that were in Obachan's drive way. Of course she came to see us but she felt so bad that she stayed home.

I stare at the door with Eri as we look at the glass reflecting how badly we really looked. Bandaged and almost bruised to no end. I huffed out a quick breath before opening the door.

" Obachan! we're home."

I notice she isn't coming but I could tell that she was in the Dinning room because I heard extra voices. Two were my parents.

" Knew having the two of them live here with their Obachan was too much for her. I can't believe they were not only taken away off school grounds, but they were almost beaten to death!"

I walk in slowly. " It wasn't Obachan's fault....."

" Yuri! Eri!"

Dad stands up and so does mom, of course she's crying but they both hug us lightly. Eri and I didn't move an inch nor did we make the effort to hug them.

As he hugs both Eri and I. Eri starts to speak up.

" How....How can you hug us after what you did....."

Akira stays holding his children not moving. " I don't know what your talking about. If you think this is my fault It wasn't."

Eri shoves him off and stands back. " Save it old man! We knew it was Mr. Lamanto! He even mentioned us being a burden on ' Mr. Suzuki'!"

Jade walks to Akira wide eyed. " Akira......is that true?" He won't accept nor would he deny that he did it.

Jade smacks him across the face and tears start to stream from her angered eyes.

" How could you do something so inhuman! You sent your mob men to attack your own children! How dare you!" She starts to hit him in the chest. " You bastard! I'll never forgive you for hurting my babies!"

my heart was touched. she really does care for us. thank you mom.

Suddenly Akira grabs Jade's wrist and glares at her then at us. " It wasn't meant for you two anyways. It was meant for those two shady twins you call friends....I can't believe that he got it wrong.....I swear the mans an idiot and will pay."

I couldn't breath. My heart stopped beating so fast that I had to catch my breath.

" Why would you have them do what they did to us, towards our friends?!" asked Eri.

Akira stares at us deeply. " No one messes with the Eastern god of death, not even mock in my presence."

I glared at him. " How can you even call yourself a man.....If you wanted it done then face them instead of being the cowardly bastard you-"

He slaps me hard across the face. I stand still holding onto my words.

Eri steps forward and grabs me into his arms. " Don't you touch her again! or so help me!"

He hit me....my own father for the first time ever....actually hit me. My cheek still stings at the touch and I couldn't cry if I wanted to....my own pain was from my own cause.

" That's enough! I will not have you two talk down on me!"

" Please! I don't even consider you as a father! you've never been there....your only a cold hearted vermin who takes the lives of others squishing them under your shoe so that you can rule over them-"

" I SAID ENOUGH!" with that he leans in and grabs Eri away from me and punches him in the gut.

" AKIRA NO!" yelled Jade