Chapter Five

Opening the last box I started to put my clothes away in the closet. I slowly shut the doors then lean on them staring around at my new room. 

I have to say that to send some personal decorators was smart on my mom's part. I walk towards the middle of the room where there was a cute shag rug and in the middle of the ceiling was a good sized chandelier that complimented the high ceiling. All around was pink mixed with accents of beautiful peacock colored designs. I noticed there was some Japanese culture which mixed in well with what as going on. My bed was king size and only fit with the best. I quickly ran and jumped onto my bed and landing on the soft bedding, giggling at the sight.

Out of nowhere, my phone started going off, and I quickly answer it. "Hello? Yuri speaking."

The caller sounds distracted until they realize I said something. "Oh, sorry sweetheart! it's your mother, I just wanted to call and see how things were!

I looked at my phone and it was not her normal number. "Where are you calling me from this time?"

"Yes, I need those papers copied and ready on my desk stat.....Oh sorry dear what did you say?"

"Never mind. Anyways we met the President of the school and got registered. Then Eri and I ran into the Presidents son and his friends who were interesting to talk to.....and one of them was actually-"

"Sorry dear, as nice as that sounds I'm going to have to call you back. I'll talk to you later, mother loves you-" The phone went silent on the other end.

I stare at the wall than on my phone before ending the call. I throw it at the couch and scream into a pillow.

If she didn't care to take the time to actually talk to me........then why did she even call in the first place?

A quiet knock breaks the silence in my room. I sit up from my bed. "Yes?"

"It's time for dinner Ms. Suzuki."

I opened the door to see a young woman that could be like an older sister, standing there smiling softly. I didn't care to smile back. "Fine. I'll be down in a second." I replied. Slowly closing the door behind me.

When I reached downstairs I saw Obachan and Eri sitting at the table waiting for me. I quickly take my seat, we thanked for the food and began eating. All I could do was eat so little...I was too upset after that phone call with mom.

Eri looks up. "Hey, what's up? you seem down all of the sudden."

I glance up nervously and quickly smiling. "What are you talking about? I'm perfectly fine."

He points at my dinner plate. "But you haven't touched your dinner at all."

I take a huge bite. "Delithis!"

He raises an eyebrow at me. "Okay? well, anyways I got the uniforms just like Suoh said, so we should be set for Monday."

I nod. "Great, now we just need to purchase our books and look for jobs and we should be set for the first semester!"

"Yeah, but where are we going to find people to hire two sophomore students?"

I sigh. "Oh, yeah I forgot about that."

"If I can make a suggestion." Obachan clears her throat. "Why don't I get you in touch with a producer friend of mine. I know you two are wonderful voice actors and Yuri has a wonderful singing voice......I could get you into a new anime that would be premiering soon."

"But Obachan, we're already in debt to you for letting us stay here for high school. I really don't want us to be of bothering to you!"

She shakes her head and smiles. "You two are my grandchildren! and I'm supposed to spoil my grandchildren! So you're going to take the job whether you like it or not."