Chapter one

Today would mark the first day I would be undercover, until the day I graduate. I stare at the door to Class 1A, they made it seem like it was royal grounds. I glance down at my excused note. Why of all ideas did Eri choose this one? 

( TWO WEEKS EARLIER)

As I saw the mailman dropping off today's mail, I sprinted out across our yard and leaped over my dog, Nina. I stop at the edge of the sidewalk, taking a breath before slowly opening the mailbox.

Please, if God is listening! please let this be it! 

As I looked through the mail I found two letters, both addressed to my brother and I. My hands started to shake as I opened my letter slowly.

" Are those the acceptance letters!" Eri shouts.

I yelp, throwing all the mail up in the air. Slowly I turned to face my brother and glared at him, as I picked up the mail.

" You could at least warn people before scaring them to death!"

He shrugs his shoulders. " But then I couldn't call them 'ninja skills' for nothing."

I roll my eyes at him and start to walk back to the house. Eri trudges right behind, after walking inside he swipes his letter out of my grip and walks towards the dining room where I was heading to read mine.

We both sat down all we could do was stare at the letters, afraid of what they had written on them. Acceptance or regret.

Eri rips open his envelope and pulls out the letter and begins to read it. His eyes dart from left to right and finally, a huge grin spreads across his face.

" I GOT ACCEPTED!" He jumped up and started dancing around from excitement which made me laugh a little.

" You're such a dork."

He stopped and stared at my envelope and I. " Well? are you going to open it? or shall I!"

I grabbed the letter and pressed it against my chest. " Not a chance will I let you know before me!"

I slowly start to open it and as I open the letter, I read it all......slowly my excitement went from good to awful in just a couple of sentences in.

Dear Yuri Candace Suzuki,

I President of Ouran Academy would regret to inform you that because of the high percentage in female applicants, we won't have enough spots for the scholarship program.

I'm sorry for the bad news. I wish you well and hope to see you apply at Ouran Academy next fall.

Sincerely, President Yuzuru Suoh

I slowly put the letter down and stared at the wall with a blank expression. Inside my head, I was going crazy, like someone set off a time bomb.

Eri walked towards me waving his hand in my face before glancing down at the letter.

" Yuri.......are you okay?......"

I stared up at him and sighed. " I'm fine.......like it says....there's always next year...right?" Tears started to fall from my eyes. Quickly I blinked them away and stood up.

" I think I'll go up to my room and study more...." I walked up to the stairs gloomy and depressed, practically dragging my limbs up the steps.

Eri stared at the letter and slowly he grinned. Quickly he went to his laptop and started to email the President of Ouran.

After ten minutes he finished, read through the email and pressed send.

" That should change his mind......don't worry Yuri! you're going to go to Ouran.....Even if that does mean little changes to your application."