Chapter Fifteen

Finally as the second elevator they took to the fourth floor opened, Kaoru tried to sprint out and down the hallway until Hikaru grabbed him and threw him against the wall.

" What are you doing? You can't just go into her room like you are now!" said Hikaru.

" Like I care! no one said she came back!" he turned facing his back to Hikaru. " I need to make sure she's okay. Otherwise it's going to kill me if I have to wait any longer.....but of course you wouldn't understand."

Kaoru sprints down towards the end of the hallway, Hikaru letting him go. His shock took over his body as he just stood there watching.

Quickly he bangs on the door. You could hear Mary standing up quickly and opening the door glaring at him.

" What the hell! she's getting her rest, so will you stop banging on the door!" yelled Mary in a whisper.

Kaoru stared at her with nervousness written all over his face. She stares at him and sighs.

" Eri is going to kill me for this.....come in." She starts to walk and he follows her into my room where I slept silently.

Kaoru stares at my resting body, his eyes widened with his eyebrows raising. Sweat started to run down his face. I moaned a little from the head pain, he starts to walk forward and sits down in the chair in front of me on my side, just staring.

Kaoru's heart rate started to pick up rapidly and you could tell he was nervous, whether it was on how Yuri looked or the fact that he did nothing.....he blamed himself with guilt. Slowly he reached out for my hand, Hikaru slowly walks in because of course, Kaoru didn't shut the door. His reaction was the same. Nervously he made his way towards Kaoru and sat down next to him.

Mary sat down on the couch drinking some coffee she just brewed.

" Don't worry, she's only resting. The doctor said that she still has a mild case of hypothermia but her temperature has been getting stable. Her head injury will still need to heal though. Other then that she's as healthy as a horse!"

" I feel so awful......If I stopped her from doing something so stupid then maybe she wouldn't of ended up so....badly hurt." tears start to flow from Kaoru's eyes, his voice starts to choke.

" Kaoru...." says Hikaru in a sympathetic tone.

Mary sighs. " I don't think anyone could've stopped her."

I sigh, breaking out into a cold sweat Mary quickly grabs a washcloth with some water in a bowl and starts to dab my head with it.

" Maybe you two should come back later after she's had her rest."

Hikaru grabs onto Kaoru's arm but Kaoru wouldn't budge. He stares up at Mary and Hikaru.

" I'm not leaving her again......please understand."

Mary rubs her forehead before slouching over. " Fine. But be dead silent!"

Kaoru nods. Hikaru stares at him surprised, and a little hurt before leaving him with Yuri and Mary.

After a while, Eri, Tomoya, and Jade walked into her room and were surprised to see him there. Mary called Mori who came and got Kaoru who was sound asleep.

" How is she doing?" asked Jade.

Mary sighs softly. " Well she woke up once to use the bathroom, she broke out in a sweat but it's gone away now. I think she should be fine by tomorrow."

Eri sits down next to Yuri who is sound asleep as he strokes her hair softly.

" It should've been me....she shouldn't have to go through so much pain.....I wish I could just take it away."