Twenty-One|God

"Oh, dear look at him. He isn't wearing any clothes. An angel in his underwear...a concept?"

"What a beautiful waste."

"Aw, don't be like that. You know this is how it is supposed to be. You knew this was coming."

"Well duh, I'm God. But...that's one of my many warriors...gone. He betrayed me."

"Actually, he could stay if that's what he decides. Free will is out of our hands."

"I doubt that he'll stay. The boy is in love. Remind me why I made that a thing again?"

"To see what the humans would do with the gift. Would they cherish it, use it, kill it's good name?"

"Ha, all of the above. I give them good things and you know what they do? Twist them and use them for evil. And lie and deceit. Love has never been such an undefined word before now."

"It seems not even God can create a perfect world."

"Tell me something I don't know."

"There isn't anything you don't know."

"Oh...right."

Phil stirred, the voices he heard becoming figures in his vision, a man and a woman. The man was sitting on a throne and the woman was standing next to him with perfect posture and everything about her perfect.

"Hello, Philip," the man said, "Remember me? God? You know, the all mighty, Allah, Jehovah-"

The lady hit him across the arm and he stopped, pretending that he was hurt, "Okay, yes, I'm God. Hi."

"I know," Phil said, getting on his knee to bow, "Hello, Father."

God smiled, "You're still so sweet...man, I don't want to give you away."

"We're not giving him away we're letting him free," the blonde lady said, shaking her head and setting her icy eyes on Phil, "Hello, little Cupid. Pleasure seeing you again."

"Hello, Fate," Phil greeted.

She grinned, "You're scared, aren't you?"

Phil nodded slightly, "I mean...a little."

God laughed, "Well, you did betray me and everything you pledged to stand for as my angel, but whatever. You were destined to do the same as Pj."

Phil's eyes widened, "What do you mean?"

God shrugged, "You think it's a coincidence that Pj betrays me and falls in love with a demon, and at the same time you fell for a human? Well, actually it is a coincidence. The bastard changed the plans. But, we like to believe it was our plan all along."

Phil looked confused, "But why aren't you mad?"

"Because I can't be. Fate wrote your story," God said, "I animated it."

"You were always supposed to fall in love with Daniel Howell. In fact, you did once, back when you were human. Except he wasn't Daniel Howell, he was someone else. A prince actually."

"Really?" Phil asked.

"Yes," Fate said, "And he fell for you, a peasant, and you were killed for your homosexuality and charged for 'sexual harassment' regarding the Prince. He was married off to a princess across the sea, and his affair with you was hidden to keep his family's good name."

"That's terrible," Phil said, "Why was he reincarnated? Why didn't he stay in Heaven?"

"He was a king!" God said, "Well, after you died. He lived in grief and misery in your absence, and became extremely egotistical. Yet, he did good for his people, banning the killing of homosexuals without charge. But Kings like to live on, so he requested he be someone else everytime he died. Dan Howell is an echo soul."