Chapter Thirty

It hurt Calix to see the look on Lettie's face. He hadn't meant for all of this to happen, it just had. He hugged Corinne more protectively. As soon as Corinne saw Gavin, she tried to run after him. Calix knew he had minutes before he would be caught. He needed to leave but hadn't gotten the chance to say goodbye. Calix ran out of the cave after Corinne, but the Siri guards advanced out of the corner of his eye. A feeling of panic swept over Calix. He paused and looked for her and then sprinted through the dense forest. There she was. Corinne was standing all alone frantically searching for him and it broke his heart.

"Over there," he heard a guard yell. Calix needed to leave for Earth immediately. He had over-extended his stay in Brimsdelle and knew if he was caught with Corinne; his life would be in danger. He ran hard and pushed his way into the dense forest.

*****

After leaving the cave, Lettie didn't want to believe what she had witnessed.

Other races aren't supposed to fall in love with each other. That is against the law!

She ran off and her eyes filled with tears. She was there for Calix whenever he needed her. He confided in her for so many years. Lettie was chosen for Calix to marry, not her. Her hate for Reina grew even deeper. The way Calix held her. The way he looked at Reina when she walked in on them. It made her sick.

She was going to stop them some way, but how? Lettie formulated a plan.

Since Calix is banished to Earth, they cannot be together. Reina will be here all alone. Calix won't be held accountable and thereby won't be punished, only Reina!

It was perfect, she thought. She headed south to Vandengir as fast as possible.

*****

Lettie went straight to the royal castle of Queen and King Terranova. She asked if she could see Princess Stana. Stana was in the formal living room sitting on a beautiful sofa. Her long black hair was twisted into braids that lay softly on the pillows. Lettie spoke at once.

"Stana, I have some very important information. Princess Reina has been caught in a compromising position with your brother. They were kissing in Fara's cave. You know what happened the last time during Queen Alexandria's reign. We can't let that happen again. Reina must be punished according to our laws."

Stana looked at her incredulously. "I doubt that my brother has fallen in love with a Siri, especially that one in particular," she said, tilting her head sideways.

Lettie continued on in a hurry. "Stana, I know it for a fact. The famous Siruqoy that escaped our prisons was there with me. We both witnessed it together. The Gavin-hawk can vouch for me."

Stana stood up very regally. "If what you tell me is true, Reina will be forced to stand trial in front of all of Aladarien, and held accountable for breaking the law. Calix will remain on Earth." She sat down on the sofa again and said, "This is very interesting information indeed. I like it very much. That little wretch deserves to be humiliated in front of the whole kingdom. How dare she banish my brother, and then secretly meet with him behind everyone's back? Who does she think she is?" Stana hissed.

"Thank you, Lettie. I will tell my parents at once,and bring charges immediately. Princess Reina will never become Queen Reina, as long as I have anything to say about it." She smiled wickedly.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A/N:

So I can't stand Lettie. What are your thoughts? Reina did break the law. What do you think is going to happen? I hope you are all enjoying the story. Not very many chapters left. Thanks so much for continuing to read my story and for all of the support. You guys are awesome! Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks again.