Chapter Thirteen

Bria had no idea where she was. She felt intense pain throughout her whole body. Her face burned. One of the wolves had scratched her face with his paws. Her cheek had torn open and was bleeding. Bria kicked and screamed and tried to fight them off, but they were just too strong. They hadn't eaten her yet, so that was good, but where were they taking her? She shuddered at the thought. The wolves stood by some cacti a couple feet away growling and barking. The leader of the wolf pack circled her body. He had shaggy brown hair with a scar near his right eye. The rest of the pack sat and watched him intently. He sniffed her, as she trembled beneath his nose. He stood on his hind legs and suddenly spoke. She couldn't believe they were actually talking.

"She is a human from one of the other worlds. The Elven Queen would be interested in this one. She might be the princess or at least know where the princess is. Aaahhh, if she is, we might be able to get a large ransom. Think about it. We could have anything we wanted in exchange for the weakling. But she smells so good. I want her for my dinner," the ugly wolf said as he licked his lips and let out a large howl. "What a shame, a perfectly good meal that cannot be. She is far too valuable to eat."

Another wolf barked, "I think we should stay low in the Verdane Flatts. The desert is a good place to hide. We are too close to Brimsdelle."

The leader growled, "Enough. We must take her to the Elven kingdom of Vandengir at once!"

This did not sound good.

She frantically tried to figure out a way to escape, when she heard shouting. The large wolf let out a loud howl. She felt a wolf grab her cloak and dragged her through the desert. Her legs were scraped and cut badly as they rubbed against cacti and rocks on the hard ground.

Bria was in an extreme amount of pain and lost some hope, until she heard yelping, and saw a small group of tall, broad men coming towards her. With a renewed burst of energy, Bria yelled to the men and kicked and hit the wolf dragging her away. As the men got closer, the wolf spit out her cloak and raced off into the woods. She lay on the sandy ground and moaned. Bria was bleeding and needed help. Her right arm felt like it was on fire. She was sure it was broken. She examined her bruised body and there were a few bite marks.

A fight broke out. The young men had powers, like super heroes or something. The wolves circled the men and barked out commands. Bria saw a man breathe fire and burn up one of the wolves that was trying to escape. Another one of the men created some kind of protective barrier between her and the other wolves so they could no longer get close to her.

How in the world?

Another man flew after the wolf that had escaped. He flew. Once he caught up to the wolf, he pulled out a bow and arrow and shot him from mid air.

Is this real?

When the battle was over she asked in agony, "Who are you?"

"We are the Siri military. My name is Kael Blakely. We will take you back to Brimsdelle, where you will be tended to. Do not worry. We will not let anything happen to you. If you wouldn't mind me asking, have you by chance seen a young girl about your age in this part of the woods?"

Bria painfully nodded. "I came to this world with my best friend Corinne. We had been traveling together, until I was captured and taken away by the wolves. The wolves planned on taking me to a queen in Vandengir. I think they worked for the Elves," she said exhausted, as she laid her head back down on the ground and winced.

"Are you Bria Nelson?" Kael asked intrigued.

Bria nodded, too tired to talk.

"Don't say anymore. Just close your eyes and rest. We will take care of you. We can talk more when we make it back to Brimsdelle. Gavin told us about you and where we might find you. It looks like we were just in time. My mother and father will be pleased to meet you," he told her, as he picked her up and carried her off with his men.

He sent four more men to look for Reina as he and a couple other soldiers took Bria back to the castle. She had said that she was traveling with another girl her age. It had to be Reina because she called her by her middle name, "Corinne." He wouldn't get too excited yet. They still needed to find her, but at least she had returned. Reina was alive and in Aladarien.

Kael knew that he needed to get Bria home quick. She was pretty beat up. He was surprised the wolves had let her live that long. As soon as he had her taken care of, he could go back out and search for his sister. They couldn't let the Elves get to her first. They travelled home to Brimsdelle from the Verdane Flatts. He held on to Bria as they rode on horseback.

The girl was beaten up badly. Her face was maimed by the wolves. Kael gave her water as often as possible and tried to keep the blanket over her so she wouldn't get chilled. Her head thudded against his chest as she slept. The ride was long and she was in pain and would cry out in between passing out.

A few days later, they arrived in Brimsdelle. Kael took her to the castle and laid Bria down on a soft couch and called for the doctor at once. After Bria was medically examined the doctor insisted she sleep and stepped outside the door approaching Kael. "She needs plenty of fluids and rest. Her arm is broken but she will gradually heal and be just fine. The cuts on her face will heal but there will be significant scarring. She needs to stay with the medical staff for a while until she heals physically and mentally."

"Thank you doctor, we appreciate you coming so quickly."

"My pleasure," the doctor said while shaking Kael's hand.

Later that day, the servants moved Bria to one of the stately medical rooms. Kael stayed with Bria while she slept. He had never seen a human before, let alone a sleeping one. Her black curls lay on the pillow, and she spoke a little in her sleep. They are attractive.

Bria's eyes opened slowly and she said, "Mom? Dad? Where am I? Who are you?"

Kael grabbed her hand softly, and told her that he was Reina's brother.

"You are in Aladarien and are being watched over by my family. You will not be harmed here." Kael said.

Bria sat up quickly, "Corinne." Her blood rushed to her head and she was dizzy. Her face still burned. She touched her cheek and winced.

"Can I see a mirror?"

Kael was apprehensive. "Maybe you should just lay back down. You were seriously hurt by the wolves. You are lucky to still be alive. We are still looking for my sister Reina. Do you remember anything about where the two of you were before the wolves came?"

Bria contemplated for a moment, and replied, "Yes, we were in the forest by a river. They came so fast, I was trying to protect them..." Her eyes were getting so heavy.

"Just rest and everything will be all right," Kael said. She fell back asleep.

"Them," he wondered. She was trying to protect them. Who was she talking about?"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A/N:

Well, Bria is alive but disfigured. I felt bad for her writing this chapter. I did, however, like writing about the cool super powers the Siri have.
Don't forget to comment and vote. Thanks again so much guys.