Chapter Fourteen

There had been no news of Reina, or of Calix for that matter. Queen Ekaterina Terranova anxiously waited for word of the two of them. She sat on her throne, and twisted one of her long black braids in her fingers. Calix's friend Lettie had suggested that her son should take the young princess's life. The Queen had been leery of sending Calix alone, but knew that if anyone could do it, Calix could. Why hadn't he let the trees know what was happening?

When she consulted with the Femar trees, they told her the only contact he had made was with the Rique trees for instructions on how to build a canoe and for a medical remedy. That explained it, she thought, he must be ill. She sat anxiously and pondered on what to do. They couldn't allow the girl to make it to Brimsdelle. It was not like Calix to go this long without sending word. He knew they needed constant updates. While she sat on her throne, the Queen nervously called in the guards, and ordered them to go find the girl and finish the job, just in case something had happened to Calix. She got up and walked out onto the patio, and looked over all of Vandengir.

Vandengir was the home of the Elves. It was a large majestic city, cut right out of the side of a black mountain. The land was protected by ancient magic. Castles sat on top of natural sandstone rock pillars. Giant waterfalls flowed over the towering walls that surrounded the city. The valley was covered in red sand and exotic desert flowers. The inside of the kingdom was never dark. Elves had the power to manipulate light from darkness. In fact, there was more light inside the majestic mountain than outside of its walls.

Only Elves lived in Vandengir. There were no other races allowed inside the city walls. The Elves stood taller than the other races and were far more beautiful in nature. They were very graceful and elegant, and their senses were more acute. They have a great love of knowledge and were wise beyond their years.

The Terranova family had ruled in Vandengir as long as the people could remember. They were very good to their own kind, but they despised the Siri, and were quite vicious when they spoke of them.

*****

Calix's best friend Lettie sat in her home listening to music and fixing her hair in the mirror. She tried not to think of him, but her mind always returned to Calix. She had loved him for a long time now, but only on her own. He had no idea. She knew he didn't feel the same way about her, but it didn't matter. Eventually, he would realize that she was what he needed. She worried about him out there all alone, but knew he would be alright. Nobody was more qualified to find Reina. Lettie couldn't wait to celebrate his victory with him. When he arrived home, she knew he would tell her all of his secrets, and give her all the details of how he had eliminated the last Siri queen of Aladarien.

She ran her fingers through her long black hair. "He will be home soon, and then I will tell him how I feel," she said to herself. She was convinced he felt the same way she did. She smiled at herself in the mirror.

*****

King Marek Terrinova was very displeased at his son for not communicating as he should. He paced in the commons area, when his daughter Stana entered the room.

"Father, I have some excellent news. The great Siruqoy Gavin was caught by our men. That means that the princess is here in our world. There was another girl of her age with her. This companion was captured by the wolves, but then the Siri guard interfered and she escaped. So now Reina is completely alone in the wilderness. With both Calix and our military looking for her, it won't be long until she is caught and executed."

Her father was annoyed at this news. "How is it that everyone else has been captured except for her? She has to be getting help from somebody. I want you to find out who it is."

Stana bowed. "Yes father." She stepped out of the room frustrated.

Stana knew her father was right. Reina had to be getting help from someone. How was it that a sixteen-year-old Siri girl who had lived on Earth with humans for the last eight years could out smart their very best? She fumed at the thought of the next future Siri queen. She paced back and forth thinking of ways to get to her. She needed to go and see the Siruqoy. She wrapped her thick black hair up in a bun and sent for a guard.

"Follow me. I want to see the Siruqoy right away." She marched downstairs, deep into the mountain towards the dungeon.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<A/N:

So Stana is the worst. She was actually pretty fun to write, but I can't stand her. This is about to get interesting...the dungeon is never a good place to be, especially in Aladarien.

Thanks again for all of your votes and comments. Keep them coming peeps.