The Warriors

I stared into Flash's eyes. I could tell that he wanted to hurt me as much as I hurt him. Every inch of his muscles burned with hatred toward me. But at this point, every single one of the League's surrounding stares wanted to seek vengeance against me.

Super Girl's eyes grew red as she screamed at me. 

"How could you do this! You hurt her! I'll kill you! You evil witch!" Her screams were vile as she bared her teeth and flashed red eyes. The ground beneath my feet cracked as her laser vision came my way. 

That's right. Shoot me.

I ran at her with death still lingering on my finger tips. They buzzed for the feeling of a living soul to perish from them. That only made my wrath for the League grow as I continued to run at Super Girl. I ran faster as the cracked ground grew rockier beneath my feet. Her beams became vibrant streaks of red as I came closer.

"Super Girl! No!" Flashed cried. He ran toward her with his lighting speed and tried to grab her from my reach. Super Girl only flew in the air as her laser vision continued to fire at me.

"Someone restrain them!" Superman yelled as he gestured to Super Girl and I. Martian Manhunter and Flash went for Super Girl, and Hawkman and Superman came after me.  

Oh, so you figured it out  then.

 I laughed and only continued to sprint. Super Girl's beams were about to reach me just as the other two were about to tackle me. Hawkman was coming from behind me and Superman came from left.

The voice gave a gentle squeak. You can copy anything you've seen with those cuffs, you know.

I have the collar on.

Hasn't stopped you before.

An excited feeling rose in my chest as I remembered all of my advantages and all of their weaknesses. The collar was meant to block my fire abilities and my strength, not speed. They didn't program it for that. I blocked them out as I took a deep breath in and closed my eyes. I imagined the Flash and how Flash ran. A tingling sensation buzzed in every bone in my body.

I looked at Super Girl's beam. Flash and Manhunter were yelling commands and trying to get her to stop. I had to act fast.

I could make it.

Just before Hawkman and Superman reached me, I leapt into a furious sprint at high speeds. Flash's high speed. 

I looked over my shoulder to see that the other two were moving like turtles, trying to adjust their paths toward mine. I looked in front of me. Super Girl's beam was just about to shoot into my stomach.

While still maintaining at my speed, I leapt to the right with my feet taking the lead. I twisted my neck to get in the line of fire of her beam and then let her laser vision hit my collar. It disintegrated as her beam grazed it and I followed through with my jump.

I took a pause and then looked at what was going on in real time. Manhunter had restrained Super Girl and Superman was flying toward me.

"Sorry boys. Maybe next time we can chat." I raised my hand as if to say goodbye and then imagined the hull of my father's ship. I made myself invisible like Manhunter and flew through the ground.

******

The League shifted their glances at the monster that was slowly advancing toward them. The little fiasco only got its attention and made it more intrigued. Superman landed on the ground and cursed. He turned toward his cousin who also landed on the ground.

"What were you thinking, Kara?!" She was silent as Superman walked toward her. "You just let her go!"

Kara remained silent. Superman's yells grew louder. "We were all mad as hell that she turned Hawk Girl into a monster, but you would have killed her?!"

"That's what you wanted to do the first time with the Jelapose!"

He scoffed. "Enough of this." He waved her away and started to walk to the others.

She retorted back in what almost seemed a yowling growl. "Well, what else was I supposed to do! Let her bat those innocent eyes at you! Make you think that she would change! Well let me tell you something, Clark, they never change!"

Superman faced Kara, "You changed." His tone was ruff and stern.

Flash quickly began to speak. He was flustered. "Guys?" Everyone's gaze moved toward the monster.

The creature roared and stood on its back legs with its wings spread wide. Its now black tongue licked its lips and made an unpleasant rattling sound.  The creature's eyes shifted from each of the members going from one to the next.

 With the group huddled together, they remained silent as it watched them. Finally, Super Girl stepped a slow foot forward. The groups' eyes widened at her gesture. 

Manhunter whispered in an urgent tone, "Kara, come back!"

She didn't listen. She only stepped another foot forward. She breathed in and spoke with a motherly tone. "H!" The creature's head shifted and stared at her with wild conviction. "We don't want to hurt you! I know you're in there!" The creature shook its head and crept toward Kara on all fours. It was silent and continued to stare. "That's right, it's me! It's Kara!" The monster sat on its haunches and curled in its wings. The group stared in awe.

Manhunter slowly came by and grabbed her wrist. "Kara. Come on." He tried to pull her away from the creature, but she didn't budge. He pulled harder, but she pushed him away. She kept her gaze on the creature as she spoke to Manhunter. "Let me do this."

"You don't have to prove anything."

"I know. I'm just trying to help." She spoke to the monster again before anyone could say anything. "H? Help us. We know you're-"

The monster moved with an unexpected speed. With a mutated hand it swiped up Super Girl and squeezed her.

Super Girl let out a scream. Everyone seemed to freeze. They didn't want to hurt Hawk Girl, but they needed to save Kara.

Their movements were too slow. The monster grabbed Kara's legs and then placed the opposite hand on her torso. It pulled.

"Kara! No!" Everyone screamed in horror as she was torn apart and discarded to the side of the desert like a rag doll.

******

Underground - Unknown Location

"Oh, he thinks he's so brilliant, getting the League to fight each other and destroy themselves. Clever. But not as clever as what I'm about to do." The feminine voice echoed with jealousy.

"Madame Vestra?" A cold and innocent voice spoke from the corner of the room.

"What is it?" She snapped.

"We just got word from Enigma. They've activated the creature and Arrow is just as expected."

"Well," she turned to face the man with a raised brow, "that's just lovely isn't it?"