|Chapter 36|

He glared at me and I could see pure rage in his eyes. His appearance was completely different from when I saw him in my head.

His clothes were covered in dry blood and his eyes were the usual white. His coffee-brown hair was flowing over his shoulders, and it looked a bit longer.

"I'll deal with you later." He spat at me. A shiver ran down my spine and he looked at Tyler, clenching his fists.

"I expected you would be here, Tyler." He said, smirking. Tyler released my arm and stepped in front of me. His kid form was beginning to become unsettling and I couldn't help but scoot away from him.

"Kade Sawyer, the rebel and traitor of your creator. I'm surprised you're here after everything that's happen." Tyler said, his voice deep and smooth.

The calmness in his voice was anything but that and it left a dangerous feeling in the air. Pain was still erupting inside of me and I bit my lip, trying to get it under control.

I looked over at the truck and saw Perry staring out the window. He was trying to open the door, but it seemed that he couldn't.

My eyes set on Conner and he was just staring at me. He had a worried look on his face and his blue eyes were glowing.

"Zoey knows I can't stay away from her too long," Kade sent me a wink that looked unnatural.

"Despite that she locked me in that cell for a few days, it gave me time to think. Time to gain control." He said, looking at me.

It felt like he was telling me something. I read between the lines of what he just said and the only thing I got from that were the words, trust me.

He wants me to trust him?

"You're anything but controlled, Kade. Who knows when your prescient side will just show up? You could attack her like the previous times before."

Tyler spoke with some type of authority and I felt oddly compelled to follow anything and everything he said. My headache was getting worse and I began losing against trying to fight it off.

Kade shot a worried glance at me, but then quickly looked back at Tyler. He stepped forward.

"She isn't stable here. I have to get her someplace safe." Kade rushed out. A loud creaking sound got my attention and I looked to the side.

The door to the truck seemed to be peeled open and Conner stepped out, stretching his shoulders. Did he do that?

"I think you two should leave and let Zoey come along with me." He said, glaring at the two men. I groaned and shook my head.

"Is this the thing that was locked up? Interesting what a man would do to look good in front of a woman." Tyler muttered.

Conner's eyes began glowing more and I could see him frown.

"Zoey," My head turned to Kade.

"Get up and come on. We don't have much time." He gestured his hand towards him and I thought about going with him, but I couldn't make a solid decision.

"Zoey. Now." He commanded. I shook my head and pushed myself up from the ground. I stumbeld a little, but caught myself.

"No. Leave me... alone. All of you." My vision was staring to go in and out. I shook my head, rubbing my eyes.

A twinge of electricity jolted in my body and I groaned, holding my head.

"Kill her and those men. The boss doesn't want anyone left here!" Soldiers walked around the gas pumps and towards us.