|Chapter 32|

My body felt numb and I could faintly hear the guys calling my name. I could hear my blood pumping through my body and my skin felt oddly hot.

Scorching hot.

My eyes felt wet and I could feel a trail of tears falling down my face. I tried to breathe, but it wasn't working. Air wasn't filling my lungs, but I wasn't panicking.

Gregory has to kill Matt.

Why? Matt is just a kid. I doubt he is a prescient. He just can't be. He can't die. He can't leave me here. Alone.

Sweat was flowing out of my body and I could feel myself start to get sick. I ignored it, my mind flashing a pair of big, vulnerable blue eyes. The look of fear were cascaded in them, but I couldn't do anything about it.

Does Matt even know? Does he have powers like me? Where is he located? Can I even save him? So many questions with no time.

Gregory has to kill Matt. He just hasn't realized it yet.

Yet. There's hope, a chance for me to save him. Another image popped up in my head and I could feel my eyes go wide.

It was a building. The same building from Kade's memories. The warehouse was nearly empty except for the few chairs and crates scattered here and there.

There was a symbol on the wall of an animal. I looked closer and saw it was a raccoon in a log. Where have I seen this before?

No. It can't be.

I snapped out of it and I blinked, looking at my feet.

"Step back. Give her some room." I coughed, my throat burning and air filling my lungs. My skin began to cool down and I felt a little better. A rough hand landed on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Kent asked. I nodded, rubbing my throat.

"He's been playing us this whole time." I gritted out.

An overwhelming amount of anger flooded through my veins and I stood up, the chair flying back into the wall.

"What are you talking about?" I huffed, my hands shaking.

"Gregory's been watching us. Our every move and he isn't worried because he's not even in the state."

"What? What do you mean he's not in the state?" Cain asked. I shook my head.

"He's not in the state! He's at a warehouse." I said. Haines stared at me, a conflicted look gracing his features.

"How do you even know that it's not in the state, Zoey?" Michael asked. My head turned to him and he stepped back, his eyes studying me.

"I've been prepared, Michael." I spat.

"I have maps and records of everything. That symbol. I've seen it somewhere and it's not in Georgia." He threw his hands up.

"Fine. Then where is it?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.

"If I knew that, do you think I would be here right now?" I asked. He stayed silent and I was grateful for it.

"You," I pointed at Haines.

"Where is the warehouse?" He shrugged and I could feel my cool start to slip.

"I don't know."

My hand moved quick and before he could react quickly enough, his body was pinned against the wall.

"Where. Is. It." I spoke low. He tried to move himself off the wall, but had no luck and instead hung his head down.

"I don't know what warehouse you're talking about." He said. I twisted my hand, his head smacking into the wall.

"Don't lie to me! I know you know!" I shouted. Someone grabbed my arm and I tried to shake them off.

"You have to calm down, Zoey. His men can attack us at any moment. We are outnumbered." Michael said. I shook my head.

"Matt is in that warehouse. I have to get to him." I gritted out. Haines' face was starting to turn red as he continued struggling against my hold.

"It's clear that he doesn't know where the warehouse is. Put him down." I turned to Michael, my hand dropping to my side.

I gave him a sharp look and I could see his face scrunch up in pain.

"Who's side are you on? Last I checked, you were on my team! Not his. Not theirs! Not anyones!" I yelled. He dropped to his knees, his hands scratching at his throat.

"Zoey, stop. You're cutting off his air!" Conner said. I continued glaring at Michael, my vision turning to a slight black.

"No. They must learn their place."

A cold feeling washed over me and I couldn't help but sigh at the sensation. I felt powerful and in control of... everything.

"Jesus Christ! Stop her!" Conner reached towards me, but he couldn't touch me. He tried to move again, but his body stayed glued to its spot.

"Don't give in, Zoey." He practically begged. I looked down at Michael and saw he was laying on the floor, most likely passed out.

"Give in, Zoey."

My eyes went wide and I looked around the room.

"Kade?" I whispered. The feeling of someone's hands on my shoulders had my muscles relaxing. A buzz floated up my spine and I glanced back.

"Give in, Zoey. It feels great." He whispered. He was dressed in all black and his usual white eyes were pitch black. I looked closely at him, not believing that he was real.

"You're here. How...?" I asked. He smiled.

"I'll always be with you, Zoey. Now," he looked over at Conner.

"Finish him."

As I kept staring into his eyes, I could faintly see myself. A slight gasp slipped past my lips. My brown eyes were surrounded by darkness and that's when I came rushing back to what was happening.

"No. No. No." The word kept coming out of my mouth. I pushed him away from me and I stepped back. A thump sounded through the room.

"Get her under control." Haines breathed out while crouched on the floor.

I stared at Kade's tall figure and he seemed to vanish into thin air. Conner stepped in front of me and gripped me by my shoulders.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I opened my mouth to talk, but it quickly clamped shut when I heard a silent whisper of someone saying,

"He's in Tennessee."

Hey readers! How's it going? I hope you guys are enjoying the book. What do you think about Kade reappearing? Did you expect it or did you think he was actually gone? Comment what you think! Also don't forget to Vote and Share with you family and friends. Bye!

-lilchay13