|Chapter 18|

"Is she going to be okay?"

"She should be fine. Now, tell me again what happened. I'm not sure I understood you the first time." A woman voice floated throughout the room.

"We were walking through the hall and all of a sudden, she stopped. She said she heard something, but I didn't. Then she just started going crazy and ran off."

"Hmm. Okay. That's all I need. Will you please step out so I could examine her?"

"Examine her?" The voice sounded familiar and I could hear the suspicion in his voice.

"Yes, Mr. Johnson. Please, leave." The woman asked kindly. Too kind. There was something else underlying her voice. Something dangerous.

"No. Absolutely not-- No! Let me go!" The man yelled. I moved my head to the side, trying to open my eyes.

"Take him out of here." The woman said bitterly.

I could hear several grunts along with the squeaking of someone's shoes. A door slammed shut and the room was filled with silence.

I moved my arms, but something was wrapped around my wrists.

"Alright. Let's get this over with," a bing sounded and she cleared her throat.

"My name is Lauren Shaw, former agent. The year is 2020 and time is 3:54 p.m. Specimen 82B37, is named Zoey Archer. Seventeen years old and female. No biological siblings, both parents deceased."

It felt like the room had lost temperature and my body was freezing cold.

"Specimen has been unconscious for three hours even. I will proceed by examining the specimen's throat and eyes."

I could feel her body heat beside me and I tried my best to open my eyes.

I felt a hand touch my head, causing me to jump.

"Specimen is unusually cold. Below appropriate body temperature."

Her finger pushed up my eye lid and I could see her face.

She had brown hair and it was pulled up in a tight pony tail. Her skin was white as snow and I could see her hazel eyes staring back down at me.

Her eyes went wide and she stepped back. My eye closed, but I opened it back up, looking around.

I fought with my muscles to open my left eye. Once I got it open, I could see everything that was above me.

"Specimen is conscious. Must sedate her for precaution."

Something flowed throughout my body from my head to my toes. My nose inhaled a whiff of medicine and that's when I heard it.

The sound of a needle. I could hear the medicine filling up the needle and it made my body shake. My stomach was all over the place.

I could hear her shaky breaths as she approached me and something jumped inside my body. Almost as if it was begging to be let out. What is happening to me?

A scene played in front of my eyes and it was painful.

I could see myself laying on a table and there was a woman in the room with me. It looked like the same woman and she had a needle in her hand.

She inserted the needle in my skin and my eyes slowly closed.

The scene changed to me being rolled in a wheelchair. There was a gate and two men opened it and she rolled the chair in the room before closing the gate.