|Chapter 17|

A sensation ran through my entire body and I could tell Kade felt it as well from how he was squeezing my body to his.

This kiss was like no other. It felt powerful and... magical. My lungs were starting to lose oxygen, but I didn't want this moment to end. It felt perfect.

A buzz flew through my veins and I could feel my heartbeat pick up speed. This kiss. This moment. It just felt... right.

A loud sound echoed throughout the room, causing us to pull apart from each other. I sucked in a huge breath and laid my head on his chest.

"Wow. That was..."

"Not bad, right?" I asked, looking up at him. He smiled and for the first time since I met him, my heart fluttered.

"More than-- What's that noise?"

I looked around and realized that we were in the dark except for the occasional flash of a red light.

"I think it's an alarm," I said. Kade grunted and I looked back to him.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He nodded, moving his hands off of my face to his ears. My skin felt cold from the lost of contact and it sent a shiver through my body.

"Zoey! Kade!" I looked over behind the wall where Kent and Michael disappeared earlier.

"Guys! Are you okay?" I asked.

"What happened?" They asked. I looked at Kade and saw that he was in pain. I walked over to the door.

"It's an alarm!" I shouted. I pulled on the doorknob, but it didn't budge.

"The door won't op-- Admiral!" I heard Micheal yell.

"What's happening? Guys!" I yelled. The butterflies and volcanoes disappeared quickly and were replaced with dread.

"Move back, Zoey!" My eyes went wide and the door exploded. My body flew back and I hit the wall.

I dropped down to the floor, my vision going in and out. My ears were ringing for a minute before the sound came back.

"-ey! Are you okay?" Kade asked, running up to me. I shook my head, blinking a few times.

"Yeah," I coughed.

"I'm fine. Michael! You guys alright?" I asked. Kade helped me up and when our hands touched, I could still feel that buzz from before.

"That Admiral is insane!" Kent yelled, storming out the room.

His eyes landed on me and Kade and they slowly trailed down to our conjoined hands and even with the only light source of the red flash, I could see the hate and jealousy floating in them.

"What happened?" Kade asked.

"The Admiral decides to use a grenade to open the door. A freaking grenade." Kent muttered.

"I'm sorry we didn't meet sooner, Zoey. My apologies." I looked at the door and saw a man walk out. His uniform looked clean as ever and I could see the many stars on his shirt.

He looked older than the other men I've seen and as he smiled, I could see laugh lines appear at the corners of his mouth.

"What is happening?" I asked.

"There's been a power outage. Probably just a technical difficulty. Kent and I will go check it out." He said. He looked at Kent and nodded before walking out the door.

"Where's Michael?" I asked. Kent shrugged while sending daggers at Kade. I huffed and walked into the room.

"Michael! Michael!" I shouted.