01. The Meeting

Disclaimer: I do not own Akagami no Shirayukihime 2015/2016/2017. Akizuki Sorata deserves half of the credits.

Please do not be offended of these simplistic reminders. I'm just protecting my rights as a writer.

-Do not copy this story and do not post this on any website.

-This is a work of fiction. Some of the names, characters, locations are the products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, locales or events are entirely coincidental.

-Without the author's, permission for uploading, scanning, distributing this fiction is totally illegal and punishable by law.

.

A/N: This is my first fanfic. So I hope wrong errors would be pardoned.

Pairings: Zen and Shirayuki, Mitsuhide and Kiki, Obi and an OC, Izana and Haki. Further pairings will be introduced.

Hope you enjoy;)

THE RED-HAIRED PRINCESS

Summary: "Color has meaning, and red is supposed to represent fate. You may not like it much now, but your red might lead to something good when you least expect it." -Prince Zen.

Fate is not only calling upon Shirayuki, but also to Zen. As they grow, they realize how much they have changed. And they are always ready to face fate, no matter what comes between them.

Chapter 1: The Meeting

The sunlight is strongly illuminating the room I am. The cloud perfectly shading with the bright Sun. My heart is pounding unstoppable. The meeting is going to start any minute from now.

The Queen sits beside me calmly and queenly. I look around the room, full of golden chandeliers, big windows, flowers decorated in each corner, large picture, a large table full of chairs, one bigger chair at the bottom, Guessing, that's where the King sits, and carefully looking at the chair on the right to the King's, seems to be a bit bigger too, but smaller than the King's chair. That's where the Prince sits, probably.

The King had invited me to a public council meeting. Having no idea what it was, I had asked Zen yesterday night, what it was when we met. He elucidated to me, it was a meeting that allows the Queen to attend, but the Queen can't interfere, instead, she sits on the porch of the room.

That's why it's called public because not all meetings are allowed for the Queen.

He also explained that fiancees of royals with council meeting position could also be on the porch, but it has been very rare to invite someone to the public meeting, however, fiancees could attend only by the King's permission.

And since it's rare to invite, the King must explain his deeds. From the what it looks like, his Majesty didn't satisfy the council members.

He as well said, he hated public meetings. It has always bored him and has even always worsened his mood if his day has been already spoilt. To be honest, I wasn't all that surprised when Zen stated that.

The council members arrived, some had already taken their seats, then entered the King and the Prince. Glimpsing at the King and his brother, anyone who was sitting, including the Queen and I, stood. The ones who had to bow bowed, the ones that needed to courtesy, gave a courtesy.

After the King sat down. We all took our seats. The King and the Prince sat exactly where I had predicted moments ago.

Some of the Lords kept staring at me. It felt a bit uncomfortable. The looks on their faces made me look at them with a questionnaire face, which they had angrily rolled their eyes at me, in response. Zen noticed it, so he took my eyes and winked at me. I smiled back at him. The King saw it. Out of frustration, he threw a question to Zen, which I could tell Zen didn't have the complete answer. But he did manage to escape the question. I couldn't help but smile.

The meeting ends. It took a while. Now I can't argue with Zen, why he hates this meeting. That was one of the most unentertaining meeting ever. Each Lord had their own opinion, making it difficult for them to understand themselves, and even making it hard to understand their gestures.

Exactly a week ago was the day Zen and I officially announced our engagement to the public.

I was a bit nervous at the start, but I had slowly gotten used to it. I had to thank anybody who congratulated me. Some nobles even congratulated me, even Lord Haruka. I was a bit startled.

Some Lords were and still are against our relationship, but we have the King's support, that's all that matters.

So far the negative rumors about our relationship have lessened, at least I thought it was going to be. It has become a bit chaotic to think their second Prince is going to marry a mid-classed girl from another kingdom.

Our engagement spread through Clarines like hot burning fire, not just in Clarines, all the neighboring countries too, and even its neighboring countries. I didn't like the idea of gaining attention, but there's nothing much I can do about it, as it had happened over centuries ago, a commoner had married the late last absolute monarch of Clarines.

A fairytale wedding, the people loves most.

Zen proposed to me a year to two after Ryuu's and my two-year mission in Lyrias, secretly. I was really happy. I remember crying when I saw him kneeling. His nervous yet serious face. My endless tears of happiness.

No one didn't know about the proposal, except the King, the Queen, the Queen Mother and all the three attendants of the second Prince of Clarines, and last but not least Lord Haruka.

I walked straight to my room after the meeting. Zen and I couldn't meet after the meeting, but we decided to meet in the late afternoon instead.

Zen and I have been meeting every day, at we least try to. He always has work, especially now that he has been promoted in the court. Addition, there's a wedding coming up.

My schedule wasn't all that strict, but I have dance class in an hour. I sighed as I laid on my new, sinking yet soft bed.

After the proposal, I changed my room, again, but this room is unpredictable. Large windows, a wide balcony, the painted flowers on the wall, an armchair, a sofa, a center table. The room is enormous.

The room I had, has been a room for lots of royal-to-be. It's a bit far from the eastern wing, but at the same time, not that far.

Not only did I get a room. I also got my own maid. She is one of the kind and likely the only person who understands my wedding stress, after Zen.

Just remembering the first to second-week stress, just make me tired without any reason. I sighed, once more. I'm too tired to even think, I need to sleep else I won't have an energy for the dance practice, and after that, I need to try the new fabric for my wedding dress and compare the colors. I gave another stressful air relieve and took my last blinks and darkness took over.

.

.

.

Hope you enjoyed;)