THIRTEEN

"HE JUST UPTED AND ASKED YOU?" Lucas asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah! It's like he was acting distant and finally just popped the question." Arabella shrugged with a smile.

"What else did you all do?" Lucas asked with a knowing smirk. Arabella widen her mouth and eyes and hit his chest. "Did you use protection?" He asked with another smirk.

Arabella gulped slightly but nodded. "Of course." She scoffed lying through her teeth.

"Good. Now, go home, Bella." Lucas demanded.

"What, why?" She asks furrowing her brows.

"Go be with your man. I'll say you got sick and take your shift." Lucas said with a smile. "Go home. I got you, girl." He added.

"Thanks, Lucas." She smiled and hugged him quickly.

She gripped her purse and walked to her car. She started it and started her way home. She arrived home and walked through the door.

"Your home early." Jeffrey stated as Arabella walked through the door.

"You not happy about it?" She asked jokingly.

"Nope. I'm stoked." He replied smiled kissing her lips.

"Good." She smiled. "So, plans? This weekend?" She asked.

"Or now.." Jeffrey trailed off. "Just me and you. Then, we can go somewhere for our honeymoon. No one would know. It'd be perfect." He said.

"Work." Arabella groaned.

"They won't need you. Just call in sick, say you have the flu." Jeffrey suggested with a smile.

Arabella smiled and rolled her eyes. "I'll just call Lucas, he'll have me covered." She said with a shrug.

"You still have that guys number." Jeffrey groaned.

"Yes." Arabella laughed. "That guy is my friend." She added with a laugh.

Arabella called Lucas and he agreed to take her shifts for the next couple of days. She thanked him and hung up.

"What did he say?" Jeffrey asked.

Arabella held up two thumbs and had a goofy smile. "He said yeah." Arabella sang.

"That's great. Now, are we doing this?" He asked.

"I do. Do you do?" Arabella asked with a smile.

"I do." He smiled. Arabella smiled and kissed him, Jeffrey kissed back.

"Congratulations. We're married-ish?" Arabella laughed but stopped suddenly. "How long is left?" She asked.

"2 weeks.." Jeffrey muttered looking at Arabella.

She nodded. "So what do we do till then?" She asked.

"We could go to somewhere or we could just stay here and chill." He offered with a smile. "Since your off." He shrugged.

"Yeah. Good point." She smiled and hugged him. "I wanna dog." She added.

"A dog? What kind?" He asked.

"Hmm.. A German Sheppard?" She asked raising a brow.

"Let's go get one!" Jeffrey exclaimed.

"No! No! No, not yet. Let me shower." She said with a smile. He sighed and nodded playfully. She laughed and ran upstairs.

Arabella went upstairs and showered quickly. She brushed her teeth and hair before putting on a pair of jeans and cries cries shirt. She shrugged and put on a pair of shoes and ran back downstairs with her bag.

"Ready?" Jeffrey asked. Arabella nodded and smiled opened the front door. They got into the car and just talked and jammed out.

They arrived at the shelter with smiles. "Are you ready?" She asked with a smile. Jeffrey nodded with the same smile.

They held eachother's hands as they walked in. The lady at the front desk greeted them and showed them back to the dogs.

Arabella and Jeffrey seen a German Sheppard first and glanced at eachother with smiles. They nodded and told the lady.

They went through the process of getting the dog that felt like forever to Arabella. They had the dog and Arabella couldn't have been happier.

They got home with the dog and it was playful. "I can't believe you named the dog after a movie." Jeffrey said with an amused smile.

"It's a good movie!" Arabella argued with a smile.

He laughed and shook his head. They were sitting on the floor playing with Max. "I can't believe we gotta dog." Jeffrey said with a smile shaking his head.

Arabella smiled and petted Max. They were playing with him and ate dinner and fed him. They had food, water and whatever else they had tons of stuff for Max.

They all went upstairs and laid down. Arabella was still playing with Max as Jeffrey fell asleep. Max was between Arabella's legs when he fell asleep. Arabella smiled and fell asleep herself.

--

The next morning Jeffrey woke up he noticed Arabella and Max gone.

He stood up and looked out the window seeing Arabella and Max running. Or more of Max chasing Arabella.

He laughed and shook his head. He walked downstairs and grabbed some coffee before heading outside.

Arabella ran back up to the front porch with Max behind her. She sat down and Max jumped in her lap no mater how big he was.

Arabella laughed and groaned. Jeffrey walked out and sat beside her. "How you likin' him?" He asked with an amused smile.

"He's everything I wanted. Along with you." She said with a smile.

"Good." He nodded and handed her a coffee.

"Thank you.." She trailed off with a smile taking the coffee.

"No problem." He said with a smile. "What time did you wake up?" He asked.

"9:46." She replied with a smile remembering the exact time. He nodded and smiled.

"I'm surprised you remembered that." Jeffrey stated with a smile.

"Yep. What time is it now?" She asked furrowing her brows.

"12:25." He responded with a smirk. "I'm proud of that." Jeffrey added.

Arabella shook her head and laughed.

--
ok i suck. i'm sorry. only a few more chaps👏🏼