two

THE REST OF THE DAT AT work went by quickly other than Jeffrey bothering her about every little thing her big mouth said, which she mentally slapped herself for.

The following day Ms.Burton cane home and Arabella couldn't have been more relieved. She normally paid Bella at least 20,000 a month, but it's been getting cut shorter lately. Arabella didn't really care but Jake did. Arabella suggested for him to get a job as well but that result ended with her getting hit.

Hilarie, Ms. Burton whatever, noticed Bella's bruises or any time of mark on the girls body before but didn't say anything — it was none of her business until Jeffrey told her what happen one day.

Arabella was about to grab a basket of clean laundry to fold when she was stopped by Hilarie. "Can I talk to you for a second?" Ms. Burton asked Arabella. Arabella furrowed her brows and nodded.

Ms.Burton smiled at Arabella. "What's happening in your personal life?" Hilarie asked Arabella.

Arabella widen her eyes and shook her head "I don't mean to be rude ma'am but I think that's why it's called a personal life." Arabella breathed out. "Not trying to be rude or anything but, I don't think that's any of your business." Arabella added.

Ms.Burton "Well, I'm asking you, because, Jeffrey said something. And I just want to make sure you're okay. That's all." Hilarie added smiling.

Arabella shook her head "No need to worry about me ma'am. I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself. But, I do appreciate you all worrying about my wellbeing. But I'm fine." Bella added sending her boss a faux smile.

Hilarie let out a sigh and nodded "Okay. One condition though." Hilarie said raising one finger.

Arabella arched a brow "What is it, Ms?" Bella asked playing with fingers nervously.

Hilarie smiled "Since I know you well enough but Jeffrey doesn't, and he's gonna be here a lot more. I think you two should get to know each other better." Hilarie stated smiling.

Bella smiled as well "Okay, but why?" She laughed a little. "If we will bring seeing each other a lot more then why does it matter?" She asked.

"I'm your boss! I order you to do it!" Hilarie yelled playfully smiling.

Arabella rolled her eyes playfully. "But your laundry isn't gonna fold itself, now is it?" She challenged.

Hilarie rolled her eyes "I can do it, I'm not completely helpless." She said looking at Arabella. "Now go." Hilarie said pushing her out the door.

"What do you mean? Like now?" Arabella questioned raising a brow with widen eyes. "How'd you know I'd even say yes to this?" She asked.

Hilarie shrugged "I could have made you. I'm your boss." Hilarie said smirking. "Now go he's waiting downstairs." She said smiling.

Arabella rolled her eyes and muttered a fine. She walked downstairs to see Jeffrey. He smiled at her "Ready?" He asked. Arabella just nodded and smiled.

When they got outside to the car he went to open her door. Arabella furrowed her brows "What is it?" She asked confused.

He furrowed his brows and smiled "I'm opening your door for you. It's what a man does for a woman." He added opening her door.

She nodded and pursed her lips "Well thank you. You're very kind." Bella said getting into the car. He shut the door behind her and went to get in on his side.

When they got down the road a little ways Arabella decided to break the silence. "So? Where are we going?" She asked looking over at the man beside her.

He glanced over at her. "Well, are you hungry?" He asked the girl beside her.

She shook her head. "I'm not hungry, are you?" She asked looking at him. He shook his head.

"Coffee?" She asked. "I'll pay for mine." She stated shrugging looking out of the window.

He laughed slightly and shook his head "No, I wanted to come, I'll pay." Jeffrey said.

"No seriously, I can pay." She laughed looking at him as they came to a red light.

He shook his "Sorry but no, I'm paying. I offered, I pay. It's only fair." Jeffrey shrugged.

Arabella rolled her eyes "If you insist." She smiled.

Jeffrey smiled and arrived at Starbucks. Arabella raised her brows "Really? You couldn't have went to like Dunkin' donuts or something? This place is expensive for just coffee." Arabella stated looking up at the taller man.

He shrugged and unbuckled his seatbelt. "It's not that expensive, especially since it's actually good." He said getting out as Arabella unbuckled.

She got out and Jeffrey was waiting in front of the car. She shut the door and and pursed her lips. Jeffrey walked over to the door and opened for her, she smiled and thanked him.

They order their coffee's and sat down as Jeffrey paid. He sat down across from Arabella. "So, tell me about yourself." Jeffrey said looking at the girl.

Arabella pursed her lips "Well, I love the beach, I mean I rarely go but when I do it's always fun." She laughed. "Um, I used to have a German Shepard but my boyfriend didn't like him so he took it back to the shelter." She sighed and looked at him.

He laughed. "That's cool information but like the real you. Like how old are you? Where are you from? What are your parents names? Any siblings?" Jeffrey questioned shrugging.

Arabella bit her lip. "I'm 33. I'm from Miami Florida. My parents names are Brandon Lindsay and Gina Lindsay. I had an older brother but he died in the army." Arabella stated the facts. "Also! I really love Nirvana and Eminem." She stated again.

Jeffrey pursed his lips and nodded. "Okay.. That's fair." He nodded smiling. Arabella smiled back and sipped on her coffee.

"Okay, so now. Tell me something about you, Mr. Morgan." Arabella smirked.

Jeffrey just shrugged. "Girl, I'm an open book." He stated which made Arabella furrow her brows and nod.

--
SO THIS IS THE CHAPTER TWO! IT WAS SHORT BUT I FINISHED WRITING THIS AT 1 AM LOL SO SORRY DOE ANY MISTAKES!