one

THE BRUNETTE SIGHED as she flicked her hair out of her face. She dumped the now dry laundry into the basket. She was a maid for the Hilarie Burton — yes, the super cool actress from One Tree Hill.

She turned up her music from her iPhone up louder but always kept one earbud out. She heard the door open which was weird cause Hilarie was currently in New York for the next week.

She walked into the actresses living room and seen a man maybe late 40's early 50's. Arabella furrowed her brows.

He turned around and she immediately recognized him. "Oh hi there!" He said smiling. "You must be her assistant?" He asked confused.

"Oh no." Arabella laughed "I'm Ms.Burtons maid." She smiled.

He looked surprised "Oh? You don't look like a maid?" He said but it came out more like a question.

She pursed her lips and shrugged "Don't judge a book by its cover right?" She laughed.

He smiled "I'm Jeffrey." He held out his hand.

She looked down at his hand and looked up to him. "I'm Arabella, but you could call me Bella if you'd like." She said shaking his hand. "I hate to be rude, but how do you know Ms. Burton?" She asked.

He laughed and shrugged it off letting go of her hand. "Me and Hilarie are very close." He spoke. Arabella's eyebrows rose in surprise as his words.

"Oh, woah." She laughed. "I should probably get back to work, but can I get you anything?" She asked raising a brow.

He laughed and shook his head "No, don't worry your little head about getting me anything." He smiled. She smiled gratefully and nodded.

She walked off and Jeffrey looked at her studying her a bit more. He pursed his lips and sat down.

Arabella hummed along to the music in her ears until she felt a tap on her shoulder seeing Jeffrey. She furrowed her brows "Was I bring to loud?" She asked.

He shook his head "No I was just saying I'm heading out." He spoke up as he looked in her chocolate brown eyes.

She smiled and nodded "Alright, can I get you anything before you go? Or anything?" She asked biting her lip and furrowing her brows.

He shook his head "No doll, but thank you." He backed away and gave a small smile.

"Bye!" She said smiling getting back to work. She finished up that day and went home locking up her house. She walked down the sidewalk as she walked home. She had nothing but her phone and her small purse.

It took Arabella around 30-35 minutes to walk home. She sighed and squeezed her small jacket around her tightly. She arrived at her apartment later. Her boss or Ms. Burton did pay her this month yet, which meant Arabella was late on rent.

She sighed as she reached the door of her apartment seeing a FINAL NOTICE in big red letters. She ripped off the sign and at that moment she heard her boyfriend yell.

She silently screamed when she heard him. She hated him, but he wouldn't leave her alone.

She walked in the apartment and closed the door behind her. He automatically got onto her. It physically — but verbally, "So? Where the hell is the money? We're gonna get kicked out if your ass doesn't start getting paid." He said walking up to her.

"She isn't here this week, so I'm not getting the money till she gets back." She spoke in a small voice.

He gripped her neck and whispered in her ear. "You don't get that money soon, we're gonna have issues." He growled his grip getting stronger leaving a bruise.

She nodded gasping for breath. He released her neck and slightly threw her back into the door. She closed her eyes and breathed heavily.

She was used to this — this was a normal month for Bella. Same old, same old. He would always do this and she couldn't stop him. She was helpless.

She fell asleep on in a chair that night and woke up the next morning with a super stiff back and neck. She quickly checked the time and stood up. She went to the bathroom to take a quick shower and seen the bruises on her neck and sighed tracing over then.

She didn't have time to do anything with her wet hair. She had on a pair of random jeans and a random t-shirt. She grabbed her purse, phone, and earbuds. She sighed in relief when she got out without Jake noticing.

It took her 35 minutes exactly to get there and seen an unknown car, she immediately panicked her eyes widening. She ran in the house quickly and scanned around the place.

She walked into the kitchen seeing Jeffrey making coffee. She put a hand on her fast beating heart and sighed in relief. He chuckled and looked over at her "You okay there?" He asked her smiling.

She nodded "Yeah, you scared me though." She stated honestly.

He chuckled again. Arabella smiled and went straight to work after. She first did the dishes since she finished the laundry yesterday.

She heard Jeffrey ask a question"I'm sorry, can you repeat what you asked me? I zoned out." She admitted laughing slightly.

He cracked a smile "Yeah, why do you work so hard?" He asked her noticing her creepy passion to clean.

She started the dishwasher and turned around. She swallowed thickly and grabbed the hem of her shirt. "Just have to make a living, right?" She laughed trying to play everything off normal.

He furrowed his brows and smirked "Nice hickies." He stated and sipped on his coffee.

She furrowed her eyebrows "Hickies?" She asked confused "Where?" And slightly widen her eyes "Oh! Ha! Yeah! Thanks." She laughed slightly trying to play it off

"So what kinda car do you drive? I didn't see it yesterday." He asked her furrowing his brows.

She looked up at him "Probably because I don't have one." She laughed slightly.

He furrowed his brows again smiling slightly.
"Why not?" He asked another question.

"You ask a lot of questions." She said raising her brows laughing.

"Cause I'm curious about you. You're like a mysterious book." He added to her. "You caught my eye, plus you work for my girlfriend." He said smirking "So I deserve to know."

She nodded and pursed her lips "Alright. Well first off, I don't have a car because currently I'm in a bind. And I'm trying to pay my rent and drugs that aren't even mine!" She said yelling and widen her eyes at what she said and laughed.

He furrowed his brows "Drugs? That aren't yours? Who's are they?" He questioned her.

She widen her eyes and shook her head "Please don't tell the police!" She said tears brimming her eyes. "You can't."

He looked down at her "Okay okay. Just answer the question, who's drugs are they?" He asked her carefully.

She shook her head "I can't tell you. Forget everything I said." She looked up at him "You can't believe me, don't believe a word I say." She spoke and left to go finish her work.

IT TOOK ME LONG ENOUGH TO START THIS LOL! I CHANFED UP THE PLOT LINE LIKE 3 DIFFERENT TIMES AND I ADDED SLMEONE TO THE CAST!