SIX

---

---

ARABELLA ARRIVED AT WORK AROUND 10am. She sighed in relief seeing a car there, she forgot her key at home and she didn't want to walk back. She recognized the cars there and it was Jeffrey and Hilarie. She tried to hold back her smile but it was hard. She was getting paid today, she didn't know why but, it was money.

She walked through the unlocked door hearing yelling. She widen her eyes and furrowed her brows. She quickly tried to tune it out by working. She went to the laundry room and grabbed the bag out of the trash can. She was carrying the bag of trash outside when she heard stomping downstairs.

She glanced up seeing Hilarie. She sent her a quick fake smile and greeted her. Arabella did the same. "Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. Everything is fine. How are you?" She asked huffing grabbing her purse.

"I'm good.. Who's here?" She questioned already knowing the answer but wanting more detail.

"Butthole.." She heard her mutter but smiled. "Just Jeffrey." She stated grabbing the keys. "You can leave early if you'd like." Hilarie added.

"Oh, no. I just got here?" Arabella said frowning slightly.

"Seriously, it's fine. Your smart though, Bells. You should go find a better job or something." Hilarie said biting her cheek, thinking. Arabella widen her eyes. Hilarie noticed and quickly shook her head. "I'm not firing you, hun. I'm just saying, you could do so much better." She added quickly smiling.

Arabella shrugged. "I'm happy here." She stated confidently.

Hilarie smiled and pecked her cheek. "Make sure Jeffrey leaves before you do. I'll see you later, I have a meeting." She added.

Arabella cocked her head to the side and furrowed her brows like a dog. She shrugged it off seeing Jeffrey come downstairs. "Hey, Bella." He said smiling.

Arabella sent a smile his way and looked down. "Hey." She said looking up.

"How're you today?" He asked at the last step. He looked at her.

She got his look and smiled again nodding. "I'm good, how're you?" She asked.

He nodded. "I'm alright. Thank you for asking, my dear." He said and she smiled and nodded. She still had the trash bag and was walking out the door. She took it out to the trashcan and walked back in.

"I'm about to head to breakfast, if you want to tag along?" He asked. Arabella bit her lip and thought for a minute. "You're aloud to leave, ya know?" He added.

She pursed her lips and met his eyes. She nodded and smiled. "Yeah, let me grab my purse." She agreed. She grabbed her purse and felt herself smile. She walked back into the living room and nodded her head. "Lets go." She announced walking towards the door.

Arabella made sure to lock the door behind her as she walked out. They got out to the car and both got in. The car ride was short and not awkward, thank the heavens.

She didn't know where exactly they were going so they stuck to starbucks. She got what she normally got and argued with Jeffrey about who was paying. He ended up winning and paying.

The two were sitting across from eachother. "So?" She said clearing her throat. "What was going on earlier? If you don't mind me asking." She glanced at him for an answer.

He let out a light sigh. "Don't tell Hilarie I don't you this but we've been having issues." He shrugged. "I don't know what to do about it either. I've told her I don't want kids yet but she's ready to jump on that train." He added. Arabella pursed her lips not sure how to respond.

"I don't really know what to tell ya, buddy." She admitted honestly. She shrugged and sighed. "Why don't you want kids?" She asked genuinely curious.

"I don't know, I just think if I'm leaving less than 6 months to film. I just don't think it's the right time." He stated looking at her.

Arabella glanced up at him with wide eyes. "You're leaving?" She asked.

He chuckled slightly and nodded. "Yeah, I'm leaving to go to Atlanta to film." He said looking at her. She raised her brows for more info. "The Walking Dead." He added.

"Oh my God.. I love twd!" She exclaimed. He furrowed his brows. "It mean The Walking Dead, just a shorter abbreviation." She added. "So? When are you leaving?" She breathed out.

He pursed his lips. "A couple of months, like I said. Maybe, 5 months away. Not sure when I'm coming back. I mean, I'm coming back. I just don't know when." He explained. She just nodded.

"Are you excited?" She asked him looking back down to her drink. He nodded still looking at her. "That's good." She admitted looking up again with a smile on her face. "Do whatever makes you happy." She said.

"Yeah.. When I leave maybe you could try to get a new job? I don't know, maybe just get out of Hilarie's and do something to change the world." He said.

She furrowed her brows. "Why are you and Hilarie both telling me this stuff?" She asked defensively. "I don't understand? Am I getting fired or something?" She asked.

He widen his eyes and shook his head. "No, no. Of course not. Were just saying, why not go and be like a nurse or something?" He offered.

"I'm happy with my job, but, I'll look into it." She admitted. She glanced at her him, he had smile in his face. She smiled and rolled her eyes playfully.

"I've known you maybe, maybe 5 weeks and you roll your eyes a lot. You keep rolling em' those pretty little brown eyes will pop up outta your head." He said laughing. She couldn't help but laugh along with him.

They got their drinks and went back to the car. They sat there for 15 minutes just talking. They decided to head back around 3. They were talking for that long. I guess time flies when you are enjoying yourself.

"Maybe we should hang out more often." He offered. "You aren't terrible company." He smiled. She smiled along nodding.

"Yeah. Maybe we should. How about Saturday? Any plans?" She questioned. He thought for a minute and shook his head. "Great, it's a date." She said dramatically, she was obviously joking.

He laughed and nodded. "It's a date then, Ms. Lindsey." He said smiling at the thought of it.

------
tell me, tell me i'm a terrible person lol. this was a short chapter lol.

[ WORD COUNT :: 1105 ]