♞ 27: Final Chapter

Chapter 27

For the past ten minutes, Rivaille has been muttering words that are synonymous to the words 'shit' and 'filthy' over and over again. Well, I can't blame him. I know that this is a really tough time for him.

Why?

Simply because we've been crawling through this old, stinky, and cramped passageway that's filled with cobwebs and covered with at least 10 layers of dust. "Oh for crying out loud! Just how long is this passageway?!" Rivaille mutters angrily. I turned to him and smirked, "Patience, my dear Rivaille. Patience."

He snorted and made his oh-so-famous annoyed expression that always makes my heart flutter. And I find that really disturbing. I mean, I bet I'm the only one whose heart does a somersault every time he's grumpy. Right?

Oh well. I think that's what love does to a person. You can't help but love everything about him. Everything. No exceptions.

After another minute of endless crawling, I finally had a glimpse of a tiny bit of light on the other side of the tunnel. It seems that Rivaille saw it too because I heard him say "Finally! The end of my misery!" Both of us crawled faster and when we were both out of the cramped passageway, we saw that we are inside a small storage room in the middle of the forest. And through a small window, I saw the back of the castle at a distance.

"I can't believe we really made it…" I muttered to myself. I turned around and saw Rivaille dusting at least 3 layers of dust off his clothes. I suddenly had this overwhelming urge to hug him, dust and all. So I crushed him in a bear hug. He's shocked at first but later on, he hugged me as well.

"I'm so glad we made it. . ."

"Ha. I told you to trust me, didn't I? I told you that everything will work out just fine," he said while rubbing the small of my back.

"Yeah. It's a good thing that I decided to trust a shortie." I said with a hint of playfulness in my voice. He stopped rubbing my back and caged me in his embrace instead. "If you say that s-word again, I'll kiss you."

"Oh, I'm so scared. . ." I said sarcastically in a high pitched voice. Seriously? Does Rivaille really think that I'm scared of his threat to kiss me?

Then everything happened so fast, I barely had time to think. He suddenly held both of my arms in a tight grip and crushed his lips into mine. Before I had a chance to respond, he suddenly stopped and let go of me.

"Heeeey! Don't just do that if you'll leave me hanging in the end." I whined. He started so abruptly, and ended so abruptly too. He smirked and said, "Don't worry, there's more to come later. But first, we need to go back home."

We went outside the storage room. We had to squint for  a few seconds because it's been a while since we last saw the sun. All because we were put in that lame dungeon.

Rivaille started walking deeper into the forest and I followed. "Hey, where are we going?" I asked.