♞ 07: The Bet

Chapter 07

The rope of my 3DMG snapped.

Oh shit.

"Wahhhhhhhh! OH PLEASE DON'T LET ME DIE NOW I STILL HAVE SO MANY THINGS THAT I WANT TO DO! I WANT TO KILL TITANS I WANT TO EAT BREAD I DON'T WANT TO DIE WHILE CLEANING I'M STILL COVERED WITH DUST!" I shouted as I fell. I closed my eyes as I waited for the inevitable pain.

My life suddenly flashed in front of my eyes and I realized that even though I lost my family I sure am glad to have my friends especially Eren, Mikasa, and Armin.

"Mommyâ€Â¦Daddy…Chichi…I'll finally get to see you again…."

*boogsh*

I opened my eyes to blinding light. A-am I dead now? I see a silhouette of a man. Hmm, maybe he is the man that they call God.

"Oi brat."

Ah. So they call you 'brat' in heaven. Mmm, sounds nice.

"Brat, I did not tell to sleep so get your freaking ass of me!" Then I suddenly felt someone dropped me in a not-so-gentle way. Literally. "Ouch!" I complained as my butt hit the ground. "Why did you drop me—" I stopped talking when I saw the figure looming over me. It's no other than the clean freak.

"What were you doing huh? Do you think that you're a shitty bird or something?" Rivaille asked. I stood up and dusted myself off. "I was cleaning the roof when the wire of my 3DMG suddenly snapped." Rivaille looked at me suspiciously as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. I raised both my hands defensively and said, "Hey! I'm telling the truth!" I gestured to my broken 3DMG, "Look! It really is broken!" Rivaille nodded his head and said, "Fine. Be careful next time, I wouldn't want to lose a comrade just because of a petty fall."

I was a bit happy because that is actually the first time that he said something without being sarcastic, without insulting me and most of all, without threatening me. It made me feel somewhat fluffy and that feeling is seriously creeping me out. I shouldn't even have this kind of unexplainable feeling. Ugh. The fall must have affected my mind or whatever.

"Could you please fucking remove that smile on your face?" Rivaille said, grabbing my attention.

"Eh?!" I realized that a smile has been plastered on my face without me noticing it. "I-It's nothing! It's just that….umm…never mind. I'll just go back to cleaning." I turned around and was about to go back to the HQ when Rivaille grabbed me on the arm.

"Just what?" he asked.

"N-Nothing." I attempted to loosen his hold yet the difference in our power is far too great.

"Spill it." Geez. He's so insistent.

"Ugh. Fine. Well sometimes when you are not threatening or insulting me and you act really out of character, I feel something weird in my stomach. It's like the feeling when you think you're about to poop but you're actually not. My heart also beats faster than normal. I think you make me sick."

An arrogant smirk adorned Rivaille's face. "Am I that handsome?" he asked out of the blue.

"Umm, No?" He glared at me so I decided that it probably was the wrong answer, "I mean ye—sometimes! Wait. What does it have to do with what I said earlier?"

Rivaille stepped closer to me and took the end of some strands of my hair in his fingers. "W-what are you doing?! Please don't violate me!" I said because of panic. Who knows, maybe he'll do what he did last time.

"Tss. I would never do something like that. I think that you're the one who will do it."

"Huh? I don't get it."

"You really are naïve, huh? Well 'cause it seems that you're falling in love with me." he said with an amused look on his face.

"FALLING IN LOVE?! That is NOT possible you know. I despise you too muc— Ok. I just completely said it again without thinking BUT that's not important! I will never fall for you, and that I am sure!" I said with 100% certainty.

"Oh really? Then why do you feel the feelings that you just said?" he snickered while saying this.

I covered my face with my hands because of so much embarrassment. Sometimes I wonder how this guy became humanity's strongest soldier because he clearly doesn't look and act like one. "It's because you make me sick! Now if you'll excuse me, I'll resume in doing my cleaning duties and besides if I stay here any longer maybe it's you who will fall in love with me." I said while pointing my index finger to his chest.

"I'll never fall in love with a piece of shit like you." he simply stated. I was filled with anger with the way he called me. Tss. Sometimes, Rivaille really needs to have a taste of his own medicine so I boldly said, "Want to make a bet? If you fall in love with me then you'll be my servant for a month."

"What's in it for me?" he asked.

"If I really fall in love with you then I'll clean the whole HQ from top to bottom and left to right." I bravely said. Rivaille pondered over this and he sure is taking his time in thinking about this so I said something that would surely make him agree. "Or maybe little Heichou is scared that he'll lose the bet. Awww."

That sure worked because I finally caught his attention. "Are you challenging me brat?" he said with a menacing glare. "What if I am?" I replied with confidence because I'm sure that there is no way I would lose. Who the heck would fall for this shortie anyway?

"Then get your cleaning materials ready 'cause you're going to lose." he threatened.

"I'll take that as a yes then." I replied with a sweet smile on my face.

"Now that it's settled why don't you go back to cleaning the roof 'cause it seems that the next time you will clean, it's not just the upper floors but the whole HQ." Rivaille taunted. "Any final words before you go to your hellish cleaning day because it seems that you'll lose easily on this one." he added with a smirk.

I decided to make my answer much more dramatic so I grabbed my broken 3DMG and started to depart but when I was halfway to the HQ I turned around, faced Rivaille and said, "You may boss me around but don't you dare fall in love with me 'cause who knows, tomorrow I might be the one bossing you around."

Damn! I love my line.

07: End

Finished: 12:35 AM, 8/11/2013

Hi! Sorry for the errors. I didn't proofread this because it's already past 12 midnight so…yeah. I seriously need to go to sleep.

Vote | Comment | Be a Fan