♞ 09: Tangled Past

Chapter 09

Ah. The weather is perfect today. It would've been a very nice day if I weren't in my pink pajama that is decorated with many chibi Titans that are in weird poses (The pajama is actually Eren's birthday gift to me last year so the Titan design is self-explanatory) while swinging back and forth with some shortie that had just tricked me not so long ago.

Too complicated? Well let me say my explanation through a song. Lumii and Heichou swinging on a tree, S-W-I-N-G-I-N-G.

The last part kind of sucked but you get the idea. Due to some very unlucky circumstances the ropes of our 3DMG ended up tangled together and because I grabbed him when I was about to fall he also that means that we're also stuck together.

"Stupid 3DMG. Stupid brat. Stupid leaves. Stupid sun. Stupid wea…" Heichou continued muttering curses to me and some inanimate objects. "Heichou, muttering curses won't help us." I interjected. "Being stupid in using the 3DMG doesn't help either."

Ouch. That was kind of harsh. "Well, I'm sorry for being stupid…" I replied with a sad tone. All the unlucky happenings and the negative vibe must have gotten on me. Tss. Heichou must have noticed the sudden change in my mood and said, "I'm not going to say sorry because I'm just saying the truth but just pretend that I didn't say anything."

Heichou and his beloved pride. Typical. I rolled my eyes at him because it seems that this is the closest thing to an apology that I could get. "Gee, Thanks." I said sarcastically.

 Silence once again engulfed us as we swing back and forth on this branch. I'm glad that the rope and the branch didn't break despite our weight. But we're really in a hard position, my hands are stuck to my side while Heichou's hands are stuck on his back. We can't even move an inch because the ropes are too tight and I'm afraid that if we move, the branch might break so we're very helpless right now. What's worse is that we're currently face to face and that would make awkward situations more awkward.

I was surprised when he stared at me straight in the eye. I stared back for a few minutes but I was starting to get really bothered because the more that I stare at him, the more I think that Heichou is quite handsome so I averted my gaze toward some random tree to avoid that incredulous thought. But even if I already averted my gaze I still see him staring at me from the corner of my eye and what's more disturbing is that his stare even intensified. Gosh. W-what will I do?!

"Err… Heichou, will you please stop staring at me?" I said when I finally could not take his stare. "Tss. A brat like you should feel honored that I even wasted my time staring at you." he teased. My "I- must-tease-Heichou" senses finally kicked in so I said, "Well it certainly looks like you're not wasting your time 'cause you're enjoying what you see." I raised an eyebrow at him and then smirked.

"Oh really? I'm not really enjoying it. It's just that there is nothing better to look at but I am amazed by your confidence brat." Wait. Should I take that as a insult or a compliment? A compliment for implying that I'm better looking than the trees here or an insult for even comparing me with them? Ugh. Whatever. I'm slowly getting immune to his insults anyway.

"Heichou, I think we got off the wrong foot ever since we met so why don't we try to lessen our hatred towards each other?"