♞ 05: Bracelet

Chapter 05

"Get yourself ready. I'll give you the punishment that you deserve." he declared with that oh-so-hot smirk of his. I stepped backward until my back hit a tree. Oh God. I really am so dead!

"U-um...Heichou...If it is about that incident please I'm really begging you to forgive me! If you like I'll even give you my rations for the day! Oh wait — make that half a day! I can't stand a da — " I was suddenly cut off when Rivaille inched closer.

"Stop babbling nonsense, you idiot. Just shut up or I'll kiss you." How could he possibly say something embarrassing like that with a straight face?! And what makes this situation even more awkward (For me at least because it seems that he's enjoying this way too much.) is that we are so close to each other that we could literally smell each other's breath. Good thing that I always brush my teeth. His breath smells like coffee. Strong yet you can still smell some hints of sweetness. I wonder if he is just like coffee. He may give off a very strong aura but he may also have that sweetness inside his body. And besides, I like coffee.

"Do you have any idea what your punishment is?" I shook my head violently. "Tss. How would I know? I'm not a freaking mind reader! And oops—"

Uh-oh! I just voiced my thought out loud! Ugh. I think that saying my thoughts unconsciously is the only thing that I'm good at. How sad. I quickly covered my mouth but because we're too close to  each other I accidentally hit his chin. Oh for Pete's sake! At this rate, I'm really going to be killed by the hands of this devilishly handsome soldier. Wait — what the hell am I even saying?!

He seemed to be more agitated than he already was. That's why he leaned closer to me, if that's even possible. He's so close that his lips are almost touching the back of my hand.

Before I could apologize for the nth time a familiar voice suddenly grabbed our attention. "Hey Rivai! Commander Irvin is looking for you! You can mind your love life later! Hahaha!" a bespectacled woman said. The moment she finished speaking she was kicked in her leg causing her to fall face flat on the ground. Wow, that happened all too fast that I barely get to see the details.

"H-hey! I was just joking you know! You didn't have to be so mean! It's just that you're both too adorable you knowwwwww!" Phew. I'm glad that Rivaille finally stepped back and allowed some space between us.  This woman really saved my ass for a couple of times now.

"Shut the hell up Hanji. Where's Irvin?"

"In the HQ, it seems urgent so you should go there now so that I could spend some time with your cute little girlfriend~ Awww!"

But instead of some witty retort Rivaille didn't react. He didn't even try to deny it. Does that actually mean that h-he's fine with me being his girlfriend?!?

"Oi brat! Don't think that I want you as a girlfriend. It's just a pain in the ass. Don't jump to conclusions…." D-did I just say my thought aloud again? Or maybe this guy is a mind reader? "Besides, I'll never fall for you.

I suddenly felt a weird feeling in my chest. It's foreign to me. I-I don't know how to react. Maybe it's just a heartburn. Right, heartburn. But why did I suddenly became sad? Ugh! What the hell is wrong with me?!