Nice

Harry ~

She looked so fucking beautiful.

If I could I wouldn't have closed my eyes, but they acted on their own accord as I leaned in towards Fleur's face when I got interrupted by a soft cough coming from the stairs above.

Both of us looked up to see a old shrivelled lady standing wearing an apron who asked "Yes, can I help you?"

You could have come like 5 minutes later? Whoever is writing this shit is one sadistic bitch.

Fleur literally jumped out of my arms and moved back. I feeling a bit stupid moved back a bit as well creating quite some space between us.
I shrugged, shaking my hair "We were looking for someone in the house? I'm sorry we didn't mean to trespass."

The old lady smiled wiping her hands on the apron saying "It's alright. As long as you both are not robbers."

All of us felt silent again when she again asked "So, why were you looking for me?"

Fleur talked after the first time we got rudely interrupted saying "We wanted to know if this house is for hire for a wedding?"

The lady with a sad smile shook her head "No dear. It's being ages since we had a wedding held here."

"So we can hire it for a wedding now? " I asked.

" This house is in terrible need of repairs. You can't have it for hire I'm afraid. " she said walking towards the kitchen leaving us behind in the aisle.

" Please, we desperately need this house ma'am. This was our last resort. "

" I'm sorry young man. But look at it. It's in no condition to host a wedding party. Besides, I'm too old to supervise everything now. "

Fleur looked at me once before walking up towards the old lady taking her hand "Ma'am -"

"You can call me Mrs Miller, dear. "

" Mrs Miller " Fleur started " We need a house very badly for our best friends' marriage this upcoming month. There's hardly any time left, they had some complications in their families so couldn't organise it earlier. You'd be doing us a huge favour by letting us the house, and don't worry. You wouldn't have to organise a thing. We'll take care of it. You can use the money that you'll get as rent for the renovation of the house. So many people have so many memories here, it needs to be preserved. Please, Mrs Miller? "

Before she could answer, I broke in by saying " You might have known my mother. She was one of your regular clients, Anne? "

Mrs Miller's eyes shone with recognition " You're Anne's son? My how have you grown you little boy. " ruffling my hair and cheeks like I was some kid.

Anything for the house now.

" But I'm so sorry dear. I can't let this house. I'm sorry for disappointing you dearies. " she said sadly.

Fleur and I sighed deeply knowing there's nothing we could do anymore. Bidding our goodbyes we came out of the house and walked towards our car.

The awkward silence was killing me. None of us could talk, both lost in our minds.

" Hey Flu? You won't be mad right?"

"No."

No. She wouldn't be mad. If that lady had not come maybe I could have kissed her. Did I want to kiss her? After all this while? But why?

"Great " I heard her mutter as we reached our car. I looked around seeing twilight change into the inky black sky real quick.

" All this pleading and nothing! Couldn't you have researched before driving down all the way to this godforsaken place? "

I frowned at her attitude" It's not my fault that she didn't give the house, Flu. "

" Stop calling me that! My name is Fleur. Not Flu or whatever you try to call me. It's Flu - er. Get it?"

"Don't throw around your weight just because we did not get the place. I'm just as much as upset about it as you are. " I replied starting to get annoyed by her.

" Whatever. " she said sitting down into the car slamming the door shut.

" Whatever " I mimicked in a high nasal voice.

Sitting down I started the engine, only to have it die down upon me.

Fleur flicked her head towards me " Are you fucking serious? "

" Your attitude is not helping right now, Eastwood. " I said, trying to rev up the engine again.

" This is not happening with me today. Not happening. " I mumbled getting off the car opening the bonnet to check the machinery. But sadly I suck with mechanical stuff.

" Get out "

" What is wrong with you and your stupid car huh? "

" Does it look like I know? Stop screaming at me for fuck's sake. "

" You've got to be kidding me. " Fleur puffed walking in direction of the house.

" Where are you going? " I asked running behind to catch up.

" Hell. " she replied.

Deciding it was useless to talk with her in her bitchy mode we walked back to the house and knocked on the door.

The door opened to reveal the old lady " Yes? Oh. I told you I'm sorry I can't giv- "

" Is there a mechanic nearby? " Fleur interrupted not in mood to be any polite.

" No that I know of. But Paul is very good with machines. He can help. "

" Where can we find this Paul? " I asked.

" Not now. He comes early in the morning to deliver vegetables here. You could ask him then. "

" We need someone now! Where are we supposed to be till night, in this cold? " said Fleur.

She turned towards me poking her index finger at my chest saying " This is all your fault, you moron. "

" My fault? It was you - "

" Oh shut up will you? "

" You're such a bitch "

" That's the best you could come up with sissy? "

Before I could reply the old lady broke in saying " You could stay here for the night. There are plenty of rooms. Come on in, I was just setting the table. "

I'm not going back there again today.

" Is there no where we could get Paul? Do you know cars? " Fleur tried again.

The lady laughed " Come on in now you both. It's freezing outside. "

Karma is a fucking douche, I tell you.

Fleur overtook me not before bumping hard against my shoulder purposely walking in.

" Bitch. " I whispered.

..............................

Kind of a double update! Guys please don't forget to vote, it's majorly lacking from the chapter of " Amends "
And keep the comments coming in!
Quick question : How old are you and where are you from?
Love as always,
R x