Elevators

Fleur -

"Add some more lace to the bodice, Janis. Refer to the pin up board if you need help with the the colours. " I instructed quickly sketching up a rough idea of how I wanted the dress.

It was the Mega Winter collection issue of Panache and it had to be frickin perfect. Arabella would have my head on the platter if something went awry in this issue and not to mention my chances of getting a promotion going to hell.

"Fleur, your phone has been buzzing mad for the last 4 hours. Pick up maybe? " Cindy, who was one of my team members asked from the other side of the room her mouth filled with needles she was using to alter the model's dress.

Not looking up from the page where I was sketching I replied "It's just Jason maybe,I don't care. This is far more important than that idiot. "

Cindy laughed as she kept my phone on the table." Why go out with him anyway? "

I sighed "Ask that to my 3 month drug induced self".

Finishing the sketch I turned my attention towards the page lay out for the spread. The room phone suddenly rang.

"Hello? " I answered.

" What on the gods green earth is wrong with you and your phone? Have you seen at the number of missed calls, texts and voicemails I've left you? " Tia screamed.

I grew annoyed." Well Tia, I haven't had the chance yet. Since my partner decided to quit just before the Winter special I really haven't had the time to sit down and go surfing on my phone. Forgive me if I don't reach back instantly. "

" I'm sorry. It just that something happened and I'm upset. Can you come over for dinner? "

I looked at the time which showed it was 8. "I really want to finish some stuff up T. Can we like re-"

"Pass the phone to Cindy please." Tia interuppted.

Knowing better than to argue with her I silently passed the phone to Cindy. She raised her eyebrows up picking up the receiver and answered in a few affirmatives before hanging up the call.

"So, you are to leave in 3 minutes. Tia has some guest waiting and she has gone all bridezilla. If you don't show your cute ass there then some serious shit going down."

"I just can't leave everything and go off somewhere at her call. I have a job to do, money to earn. I'm not getting handed everything on a diamond ring. " I said moving over to the other side of the room, fixing up the page orientation.

" Bitch mode activated " Cindy sing-songed standing next to the board. "Babe, you've been working since morning without any breaks. You're hungry and frustrated. Go to the dinner, it'll help you calm down. Besides me and the others are here to handle this."

I sighed looking up towards her "Fine. Let's go to this damn dinner."

Cindy smiled "There we go. Let me touch up your makeup and you're ready to roll. Max is already down stairs ready with the car."

Putting my hair in a high pony tail and brushing over some powder on my cheeks, I was 'ready to roll' according to Cindy.

"Are you sure that you don't need me? I can cancel this dinner and stay here. I could help you do the layout and the - "

" Just go! "Cindy pushed me out the room, "I'll manage it".

I got inside the car feeling very annoyed at Tia. She needs to understand that I work,and I'm not available very time she wants me in front of her eyes. I switched on my phone watching it flood with notifications. 5 missed calls from Jerry, 10 from Tia, 12 texts from Tia again.
Something serious must have happened, or else she wouldn't be texting or calling me like this. I felt a bit guilty, reacting like that towards my best friend.

"Jesus Fleur. You need to put some food inside you, before you start killing people. " I mumbled towards myself.

Reaching Tia and Jerry's flat,I got off after thanking Max for the ride. I usually hit the stairs since the couple live on the third floor, but today I decided to take the lift because I was too damn tired standing all day in these blasted heels.

As I was about to enter the lift a tall guy beat me to it entering the lift first. I entered and stood on the other side of the space staring at the digital numbers in the small screen which indicated the floors.

"Which floor?" a voice asked.

I looked at the source of the voice. The same tall guy asked who entered the lift before me. Long, curly hair, pale face,pink lips, eyes -

Fleur, you're staring.

I quickly regained my composure and answered his question.

"Third floor, please."

He pressed the number 3 written button and stood quietly looking at the stainless steel door in front of us.

I took the oppurtunity to look at the guy a bit longer. Black skinny jeans, black chiffon shirt, with tan boots . He knows how to dress. He didn't notice that I was checking him out,and as a creep there's nothing more happier than that.

The bell dinged announcing we had reached the third floor. Before getting out the guy looked at me , saying "You could have clicked a picture darling. It would have lasted longer." he winked and walked off leaving me beet red flushed and flabbergasted.

I was so embarrassed that I couldn't move from my spot and when I regained control of my limbs the steel doors closed and started moving up to the sixteenth floor, with the button blinking.

Damn you and your droolworthy face.

--------------------------

What's with elevators, I wonder..

Hey all!
My exams started this Monday and it's been a hell of ride. Still got 4 exams left so let's see how that goes.
Next chapter is the Reveal! How excited are you for that? Though Fleur and a certain 'tall guy' have already met in this chapter, but they still don't recognise each other..... Yet.
Any opinions with Fleur's bitchiness towards Tia?

Shoutout to @TheOfficialSatan for it's hilarious comments on the previous chapters! I cracked up so bad lol XD
Comment and vote guys. I'll be doing shoutouts for the upcoming chapters as well :)

Rumi x