Revealed

Harry -

Dinner was a sordid affair with the four of us sitting around the swanky glass dining table. Tia and Jerry had whispered conversations while I stole glances at Fleur. 10 years. It had been 10 years since I met this person. From the lively,impulsive girl I saw a quite annoyed lady sitting beside me.

I was currently attacking an amazing steak prepared by Tia and I could feel the burnt of Fleur's staring. We both did not talk at all, both lost in our own respective worlds. Tia and Jerry were curiously looking at us so I decided to talk a bit.

"Could you please pass me the bowl? " I asked.

Tia and Jerry both stopped whispering and looked at us. Fleur was too preoccupied as she continued chewing some dumb salad.

" Could you please pass me the Fleur? " I repeated, giving emphasis on her name.

I won't rat you out in front of our closest friends Flu. I'm not that big an asshole.

She woke up from her reverie as she passed the bowl quietly without a reply. Her stance told me that she was surprised.

Tia had prepared brownies for dessert so all of us decided to have it in the living room, she had something to tell us as well.

I grabbed the comfortable single sofa which left Fleur the weird armchair. Tia and Jerry sat on the carpet in front of the fireplace.

"So, what's the emergency that I had to be ripped off my promotion Issue at work Tia? " Fleur asked, nibbling on her small piece of cake.

Jesus Christ Flu, we both know you can eat much more than that.

Jerry and Tia looked at each other before Tia started talking.

" Let's start from the basics. When is the proposed date we are getting married? " Tia asked looking at me and Fleur.

" 24th December. " I replied.

"Good. How many people are coming?"

"About 300. " I replied once again.

Fleur hadn't been answering or wasn't even trying to do so. She just kept staring at Tia with a weird look on her face.

Tia was about to ask us another question when Jerry interrupted her, and both of them started to have a rapid hushed conversation.

"Uh Oh. " I heard Fleur whisper.

" What happened? " I asked, not looking at her.

" Something is wrong. They are planning something - "

Before she could finish, Jerry interrupted her.

" Guys, We have a flight tomorrow. We'll be heading to India where Tia's grandma died. "

" That's sad. I'm sorry Tia." I told her. She smiled faintly at me.

"When are you returning? " Fleur asked looking at the couple in front of us gravely.

" 20th December. " Tia said.

I mentally calculated the time period, my eyes widened.

" You'll be back 4 days before your wedding? "

Jerry nodded.

Fleur had a look of disbelief on her face.

" Who's planning the wedding then? " she asked.

Tia sightly grimaced before saying "You both?"

I started laughing out loud.

I kept on laughing till I had tears in my eyes. I glanced at Fleur, Jerry, Tia who just kept on looking at me.

Rubbing some stray tears off my face, I asked "You're joking right?"

The look on Tia and Jerry's face answered me back.

I stood up saying "If you really thought I'd plan the whole damn wedding while you're having a sweet pre honeymoon at an Asian country then you really must have lost it. I'm not doing anything. Thanks for the dinner, Good night."

"Harry, wait. " I heard Fleur call out.

I turned around looking at her curiously. What's there to wait?

" Let's hear why are they returning so late. I'm sure we must have been their last resort to plan their wedding. It's a once in a lifetime thing. You just don't hand the chance of having a perfect wedding to your best friends. " she explained.

Tia and Jerry nodded eagerly gesturing me to sit down.

I frowned. " You better have a superb reason on why are we planning your wedding "

Jerry asked Tia to serve us more coffee as he started the story.

" We got a call from Tia's mum that her grandma has died and they have to go to India for the final rites. Mrs Desai had already talked with my mum and made her agree to go to India together. Tia's family wants to meet us back there. Mum and Dad will be going there for business purposes, to see if a new sector can be opened up there. Both of us still don't want a wedding planner, and if you say yes for planning our wedding we'll be ever grateful. I'm begging you Harry. I just want Tia to be happy,and if she wants you both to plan the wedding I can't help it. All I can do is request you. "

I could see the desperation in Jerry's eyes as he told us the situation.

I looked at Fleur once, but she was already staring at me. She subtly nodded her head as in to ask What to you say?

I nodded in affirmation. It's the least I could do for my best friend.

Tia and Jerry had waited with bated breath as I said "We'll do it."

"You will? " Tia asked in amazement.

" Of course we will babe. Even though I don't know with whom I'm working, it's going to be fun " Fleur said, taking Tia's hand.

I smirked sightly" We'll have fun, Miss Eastwood. We sure will "

______________________________

You can comment some nice swear words for me if you want :)
I'm so sorry!
School has been crazy right now, and I'm a senior this year which is crazy.
And I don't want to write a crappy chapter just for the sake of it.
Thank you so much for 500+ votes and 12k views!
You guys are frickin amazing :")
Comment your thoughts guys, I love to hear what you think.
Shoutout to @Imperfect1one who 'needed more' of History.
I hope this chapter was good :)
Until next amigos,
Rumi.