Chapter Twenty Eight : Don't go

*Flashback to 8 years ago*

Time : 6:00 pm

Location : Dining Room

"Honey can you pass me the tissue? Jihye spilled her milk again"

"Aigoo our Jihye drinks so well"

"Appa (dad) what about Ahyoung? What about Ahyoungnie hmm??"

"Kudeh (That's right) our Ahyoungnie eats so well too"

"Yoon Ahyoung what did omma (mom) tell you? Wash your hands before you eat"

"Naeee omma"

"Aigoo good girl. Whose daughter are you?"

"Omma's daughter"

"I didn't hear you. Say that again?"

"Omma's daughter!"

***

"I'm your daughter"

I took heavy steps on the way to home now known as the place where I'm most horrified to step in. Smoke came out from my mouth every time I breathe in and out heavily. It was a mixture of the cold winter and anxiety. I walked along a one way narrow street when I spotted a dim street light flickering pathetically. In that moment, I thought the street light and I were one. I know, I thought I was going crazy as well. Or maybe I really was.

Finally, I'm here.

"I can't do this. I need more time to take everything in. My cowardice is getting to me once again"

I slowly walked backwards in my jelly weak legs.

"Not yet. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe the day after tomorrow but just not tonight"

"Yoon Ahyoung" a husky deep voice spoke

"Appa.." my voice trembled

"We need to talk" he said in an unpredictable expression and in that moment all I could do was followed him like a lost puppy. I admit, there was no one as terrifying as him.

And so I followed him all the way into his room.

"Have you seen my cane?" he asked

"No" I answered bluntly

"It was his only cane. It was his only cane that he would beat me up with. How could I ever forget?"

"Alright. Go to your room now"

"Yes dad. Good night" I tiptoed my way to my room

"Wait..."

"It's right here" he chuckled

I turned to see him stroking his cane while laughing

"I found it" he smiled at me

"Appa did you just smile? It's been... it's been three years..." I was struck.

"But. I don't remember putting it there" his smile suddenly turned into a demonic frown

"Did you really think I wouldn't know" suddenly he ran towards and started choking me

"Appa s-stop.. I'm so-orry-y" I couldn't breathe. My visions were getting blurry as my body weakened increasingly.

"I KILLED YOUR MOTHER ALRIGHT? HAPPY?? I KILLED YOUR DAMN MOTHER WHO WAS STICKING HER NOSE AT THE WRONG PLACE"

"Appa..." tears formed in my eyes. I was suffocated physically and mentally. My heart was breaking.

"B-But wh-hy? W-we we-ere fami-ily" I whispered with my very last breath